Fifth Wheel Makes/Models to Avoid

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GaryB

Hi All:

Being an aspiring (and clueless :-\ )? buyer of a new 5th wheel, I decided to start a thread similar to that already in the "Motorhomes" category of this forum.? It's intended to solicit people's opinions of those recent (2005-beyond) brands/models of 5ers that are reputable, reliable and/or quality built.? Since this is my first RV, I'll be looking to buy a "mid-profile" 5er (27-31 ft, under 12 ft high) in the "mid price" ($30-40k MSRP) range.  I only want to consider a new 5er since I don't want to buy any other people's problems.

I know some brands may be good/reputable in some cases, and poor in others.? I know lemons can be found in every brand, but to varying degrees.? I'm just wondering which mid-priced, mid-profile brands/models have established themselves as having a track record of being good or poor quality.? Other than asking folks like you, there seems to be little available in terms of a "Consumer Reports of RVs".

Thanks!
Gary

Well, we're in the same boat you are  -  researching and learning all we can about 5th wheels.  There appear to be some names that are 'above average' in reputation
and overall construction.  Of course, they're priced accordingly !    Some of these names include Forest River, Holiday Rambler, Glendale, Carriage and Teton, just to
list a few.  If you're looking for seasonal, or full timing, it may well be worth the extra $$ to step into something more substantial than  what you'd need for weekend
camping.  Just food for thought......

Why are you looking for something under 12' high? the problem with a low profile 5 ER is most of the time you won't have a stand up bedroom. I own a cedar creek and we love it but that makes me favor forest river.

Back
Top Bottom