Fifthwheel Bathrooms

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

shepherds56

Does anyone know of a fifthwheel manufacture that has a model where the bathroom IS NOT in the bedroom? Or at least has a door separating the bathroom from the bedroom? Plan on have kids and/or grandkids staying with us on and off.

I've seen them, but can't name a make & model offhand.  We had a 1990 King of the Road where the bah was off the hall leading to the bedroom rather than "in" the BR, but you probably were looking for something newer than that.  :D

What size & type are you looking for? The models with bunk beds for a family would likley have separate baths, for the same reason you want it that way. Take a look at the Zinger floor plans on this page: Zinger fifth wheel

Cherokee Makes a similar model and I'm sure there are many more.

My parents have a NuWa 5er that has a side bathroom with a door that closes off the bathroom or swings out to close off the bathroom and bedroom together.

I believe Glendale Titanium has the door separating the bathroom from the bedroom.  Although they don't have the bedroom slide out (from what I've seen so far anyway) Just happened to be researching them recently.

Sunnybrook has the bath next to the bedroom with a folding fabric door that closes off the bedroom area. In all of their models the toilet is in a separate room.

In our New Vision Ultra, we have a door off the living room.  A walk thru bathroom with the potty in it's own room.  And than a folding door closing off the bedroom.  We've had our grand daughter stay with us several times, with no problems.

Barb

We have a new Montana Mountaineer edition that has hard doors seperating the bathroom from the bedroom and the living area below.

Prowler has a couple.  Glendale Titanium has a nice layout on the 3641.  Has t bedrroms on back with shared toilet.  Master bedroom is up front, has shower and toilet seperate. 

many others as well, just need to run around our lot and report back.

Alfa Gold has double wood ("draw-to-center") pocket doors, which close off the bedroom  (sink and vanity are on the bedroom side,) from the section where the shower's on one side and the toilet is on the other side.  There's a wood door for the toilet room, also.  Then there's a single wood pocket door at the top of the steps, which closes off that section from the rest of the living area.

I'd avoid anything with a pocket door, just a personal preference. Before anyone jumps on me, our coach has two pocket doors which take it in turns to fall off their tracks and trap whoever happens to be on the other side.

Tom said:
...two pocket doors which take it in turns to fall off their tracks and trap whoever happens to be on the other side.

Claustrophobe here, avoiding anything that "traps" me anywhere. Scratching pocket doors off my list.

wendycoke said:
Claustrophobe here...

You and me both Wendy. Usually, it's happened when Chris was in bed and I was in the living area (probably online). Not a good picture if there's a fire!

Tom said:
I'd avoid anything with a pocket door, just a personal preference. Before anyone jumps on me, our coach has two pocket doors which take it in turns to fall off their tracks and trap whoever happens to be on the other side.

I agree with you on pocket doors but they are very popular with 5th wheel manufacturers. They really shouldn't fall off their tracks but stuff happens. Yours might need some adjustment. The biggest problem I see with them is it's extremely difficult to get them to latch properly when closed! Give me a real door anyday!!!

Jim,

We eventually fixed ours, as illustrated here.
[edit]Link update[/edit]

Prowler; Terry; Wilderness -- All Fleetwood products have models with the lav in the rear.
Also -- Keystone

The shorter 5th's typically offer the bathroom in the rear while the longer ones put the bathroom up the 1st step toward the front bedroom. I would guess it's primarily to utilize maximum living space on the main level and also make use of the window space.

Our 36 foot Cardinal has a door at top of stairs between the living area and bath/laundry and another at the bedroom entrance.  Good Luck.

Gun Control --- "Being Able To Hit Ones Target"
Ronnie

Back
Top Bottom