FileMaker Pro

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RedT

This may be a bit off topic, but I use FileMaker Pro database for numerous RV things. I document maintenance, due dates, travel, camping, etc with FileMaker.
Having recently transitioned from Windows-10 to iMac, I'm having a bit of trouble copying files to my iPhone and iPad. The Mac maintains the master files, and after update I copy the files to my iOS devices. This often results in the files on the iOS to be outdated. Have been told that is because I don't properly save the file before copying to the iOS.
So, how does one save the file on a Mac? Before, I used "Close" but when I use this procedure on the Mac, Finder does not reflect the new file date. When. I use the "Share" feature to copy the file to iOS, the previous dated file is copied.

This often results in the files on the iOS to be outdated.
If your cloud was full on your Windows 10 (or Mac in your case) many moons ago, you are only going to be able to transfer the stuff that is there before the cloud filled up?

I don't know.............but That is what I am learning as of yesterday on my I phone.

I will follow this thread.

Last edited:
I don't use the Cloud. I'm being told that I'm not correctly saving files. Could be - Mac is a new system for me.

Can’t help with your issue, but just wanted to comment that I loved FileMaker Pro. Our 911 center CAD was based on it and I developed templates that worked seamlessly with that database.

I started using it in DOS when it was a flat file database called Nutshell. Wow, that was a few years ago.

Update - A Mac forum straightened me out. I was using Finder like a Windows File Manager, and getting unexpected results.

Back
Top Bottom