Finally a MH owner!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gasser

I am the new owner of a pre-owned Newmar Kountry star DP.  Its a 2005 model 3910 with 4 slides.  Has less than 10K miles.  Can you feel my excitement?  I thank everybody for their help and answering my questions by PM.  Its not the fanciest but should suit my family of 4 quite well.  queen in back, sleeper air sofa in front and a second couch that lays flat so could actually sleep up to 5 or 6 if needed.  I found a Monaco that was older, cheaper and much nicer in the inside but it only had one slide and was obviously made for only 2 people so I had to pay to play so to speak.  Now its just down to customizing this thing to my needs and I am set.

I may have a new host of questions once I shake this thing down.

See you on the road. 8)

Jeff

Congratulations on your MH purchase.  I am sure you will have some very enjoyable times in it.  Please ask any questions that comeup.

Jeff,

Congratulations on the Kountry Star.

Gasser said:
I thank everybody for their help and answering my questions by PM.

Asking questions and receiving answers by PM really deprives everyone else on the forum the potential benefit of some knowledge they might find useful. The whole idea of a forum is to be able to ask open questions and having folks with the relevant knowledge or experience weigh in with answers.

Actually it was one person and set of questions specifically about the exact same model and floor plan as the one I bought.  Not real interesting but just needed some reassurance before I bought.  I will try to keep it in the open forum as I do want to learn like everybody else.  ;D

I hope to pick it up late next week or early the next.  Then the fun begins.  First up, a new wax job and cleaning to my anal standards. ;)  Then its time to modify and add a few things for tailgating and weekend outdoor fun at our local lakes.  Hopefully all that goes smooth so I can take it to colorado a couple of times this summer.

I kind of dread the walk through as I think it will be overwhelming.  It was suggested by the dealer to bring a video camera to keep everything on tape for review later.  I will try that.  I am gadget friendly so it should not be too bad as long as they spend the time with me.

A few pics for fun will come later.

Jeff

Tom said:
Asking questions and receiving answers by PM really deprives everyone else on the forum the potential benefit of some knowledge they might find useful. The whole idea of a forum is to be able to ask open questions and having folks with the relevant knowledge or experience weigh in with answers.

Jeff,

In case we haven't previously mentioned it, we have checklists in our library that might help with the walk-through. Click the Library button above and select Checklists.

Unfortunately, most dealers try to rush you through the walk-through, so you either don't get to ask all the questions you'd like or don't fully digest all the answers.

Picked up the beast tonight.  Drove it home in a thunderstorm and high winds.  This thing drives great.  Handled the wind and rain like a champ.  The only thing I wanted was the windows to shed water a little better but a little rainx should take care of that.

Lots of little things to remember but I don't think it will take me that long to play with it to get it all down.  This thing is massive.  I can't even imaging owning a Prevost that is over 45 feet long.  That would be a lot to handle I bet. 

Wish it was not raining or else I wouild be at the lake and not here writing this. :p

Now the real fun begins.  Loading it up! ;D

Thought I would also mention.  My local dealer was great and the walk through was even more than I could have expected.  No rush, lots of info and since I was prepared from info from this site, I was able to ask better questions and understood the answers much better.  My coach was/ is fairly simple compared to some here but has more features than I really need. 

See you on the road.

Glad to hear you're happy with the coach Jeff.

jozee
Gasser said:
Thought I would also mention. My local dealer was great and the walk through was even more than I could have expected. No rush, lots of info and since I was prepared from info from this site, I was able to ask better questions and understood the answers much better. My coach was/ is fairly simple compared to some here but has more features than I really need.

See you on the road.
Congratulations on your new MH.  We all share your excitement.  How right you are about the value of the information given here when taking the turn over "walk through".  My dealer scheduled about 45 minutes for my walkthrough, even though I was a newbee.  I stretched that to about two and a half hours using questions and checklists that I got from the forum.  I hope that the forum staff, all of them, pat themselves on the back every time that they read a message like yours.  I actually returned to my dealer's service department TWICE with info that I got from here, and had repairs made for free that I would have never questioned.  Glad your dealer did the complete walk through to your satisfaction.  Good dealers, I am learning, are worth their weight in gold!
Enjoy your Kountry Star!  Sounds like you have a great set up!!
Jozee

Back
Top Bottom