Finding threads on which I ever posted

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hfx_Cdn

It takes this old dog to get up to speed, and one of the things that I was missing was seeing threads on which I had ever posted. The new system does an excellent job of providing current strings, and with a bit of reading, you can find recent strings on which I have added my 2 cent's worth.
Low and behold, quite by accident I found the path to see every string on which I have added comments. Click on Find Threads, then on Threads with posts by (your name} and up they come in the same order as previous, that is the most recent post to the original one.
I am sure that my grandkids would have discovered it on day one, but I am pleased to have finally found the way.

Ed

Low and behold, quite by accident I found the path to see every string on which I have added comments. Click on Find Threads, then on Threads with posts by (your name} and up they come in the same order as previous, that is the most recent post to the original one.
Good find Ed. I'll check if it's in our 'user manual' thread and, if not, I'll add it.

You can also click on the avatar or user name on a message, then click on the user's name in the pop-up to see their Profile. Then click on Postings to get the same chronological listing.

This works for you or any other member's history you wish to see.

You can also click on the avatar or user name on a message, then click on the user's name in the pop-up. Then click on Postings to get the chronological listing.

This works for you or any other member's history you wish to see.
Lou, when I do that, it doesn't show all the member's (or my) prior posts. That's why I didn't suggest it. OTOH if you click on the number of posts (after clicking on the avatar), it shows all posts made by the member.

I too could not get Lou's method to work, and when I tried your method Tom, it brought up each individual post as opposed to the string. As with trying to follow under what's new, if someone picks up an old string it would not pop up as a string on which I had added a post. Unfortunately, my memory is good but short, so I would miss a lot of those strings.
It is obvious that the developers have added a lot of features that will take us a while to figure out. It kind of reminds me of the SUV I bought in 2012 and traded in a couple of months ago. I kept finding features that I never knew were there, the downside with the new SUV is that although it is the same make and model, it has a bunch of additional features that I'll never figure them all out.

Ed

Different ways to find &/or display the same information. Familiarity comes with time.

I understand the 'new car' issue all too well. We keep our vehicles forever. A couple of years ago, I bought Chris an Explorer to replace her aging Suburban. When I drive it, I find myself asking "where did they put that feature/button/switch?"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freetoroam
Back
Top Bottom