Fingerhut

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

djw2112

I got a catalog from fingerhut today.  Not sure if their stuff is any good or not.  Has anyone gotten any merchandise from them and how was the quality? 

msw3113 said:
Yah, many years ago (pre-internet) I ordered a few things from them.
My recollection is that they had some unusual stuff, but quality was lacking.
Caveat emptor.

X2

The have a wide range stuff including some "Brand name" products. the brand name stuff you can find in other stores

The "Store brand' (FIngerhut's brands) that I have purchased had the feel of stuff cheaply made and unlikely to last.. but most of it lasted surprisingly well.

Still IT would not be my first place to shop.

This reminds me of Fingerhut's, a Bohemian bakery on 22nd St. in Cicero. We used to go there from our neighborhood, an Irish one just to the north in Chicago. Bohemian bakeries were hard to beat. My grandfather was a baker and he favored Irish, Italian and Jewish bakeries for bread but Bohemian, German and Polish bakeries for cakes and sweet rolls.

irishtom29 said:
This reminds me of Fingerhut's, a Bohemian bakery on 22nd St. in Cicero. We used to go there from our neighborhood, an Irish one just to the north in Chicago. Bohemian bakeries were hard to beat. My grandfather was a baker and he favored Irish, Italian and Jewish bakeries for bread but Bohemian, German and Polish bakeries for cakes and sweet rolls.
I used to go to Cicero in the 60's for buns not baked goods :)

I couldn't tell you what the quality is like these days.  But when I was in my early to mid teens (when we was po folk), we used to probably keep Fingerhut in business.  In fact, I was going through some of my Moms old stuff a few days ago, and found her "Gold Member" card.  We got a lot of stuff from them, and back then at least it was decent quality.  Certainly not Saks 5th Ave., but good, and cheap and easy for po folk to get.

Back in about '73 I bought a pair of those clear plastic automotive seat covers for my new car.  Had 'em on there for about a week after the Air Force sent me to Arizona. 

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aquaticvegetation
Back
Top Bottom