First Quilt finished 2006

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ron

Moderator Emeritus
Some of the Ladies visited the Eagle to see some of Sam's quilting projects.? A photo of the first quilt Sam has finished in 2006 is attached.? This is the Roseville Quilt Sam had been working on for some time.
This quilt hand appliqued and hand quilted.

Attachments

• First Quilt 2006 (Large).jpg
    First Quilt 2006 (Large).jpg
    129 KB · Views: 110
Sam is absolutely amazing!  I would be hard pressed to pick a favorite of all the beautiful quilts she has made. 

Margi

Thanks Margi.  I am always impressed with her work too.  She is now working on another quilt.  Can you imagine that. ;D

Wow! Ron, please give Sam my compliments on her beautiful quilt. I am not a quilter. I do counted cross stitch - equally time consuming and tedious. But I do know the satisfaction one gets from completing such a large project.

Way to go Sam!

Now, get to steppin' - time for the next one!

Good stitching to you!

Sincerely, BernerGran

Does Sam do quilt repair? Or know anyone who does? I have a quilt my great grandmother made and gave us for a wedding present and it is in need of some repairs which are totally beyone my pathetic capabilities.

Please help!
Wendy

Sam doesn't do quilt repair but suggests going to a local quilt shop and they will probably be able to steer you to somebody that does.

Ron said:
This quilt hand appliqued and hand quilted.

:eek: That's a lot of appliqu? :eek:

My wife, Karen, is a quilter. Through her craft, I've learned to appreciate the real value of the art of hand-quilting and hand-appliqu?, as quilting by hand is her preferred technique.

Beautiful job!

Thanks.  Sounds like Sam and Karen have the same preferences when come to quilting.  Sam love to do applique and hand quilting.

Karen has started doing some work with a sewing machine.  However, it's not just any "old" machine that she'll use.  She's not had a lot of luck with them.

Late last year I bought her a Singer Featherweight that's only one year younger than her (or maybe less, since she was born in September).  It was made in 1953.  At Christmas, I gave her a very good book on the Featherweight, and in January, she took the machine in to a Singer repairman for a tune up.  When she went to pick it up, the old gentleman who runs the place asked her if she had a granddaughter.  Rather puzzled, she answered, that, yes, she did.  Then he told her that the machine was in good enough shape to last our grandaughter's life time.  Whether that's true or not, the condition of the machine speaks volumes about the quality of some of the things made in a slower and gentler time.

Having said all of that, Karen's preference is still hand piecing and hand quilting.

Whew!  When I started this I had no intention for carrying on so long.

Since the title for this thread, though, is "Hobbies and crafts for the RVing lifestyle," I would say that her quilting is one that she will be continuing once we hit the road.  Even the Featherweight will fit quite nicely into living in a RV.

Sam doesn't have a Featherweight but she does have one of her Elna machines on board.  When it comes to quilting she uses a frame and quilts in her lap.  Sam has several quilt projects going at the same time.

:) Very, very nice quilts. Sandy loves to knit and Crochet. How about these that Sandy made for us? They became a big talking point wherever we visited wearing them. Could have taken order's to keep Sandy busy into the next Millenia.? ;D

Attachments

• Graceland 013-2.JPG
    Graceland 013-2.JPG
    66.1 KB · Views: 35
Back
Top Bottom