First Rivian EV 1/2 ton rolls off the line.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Big local news for us, with the Rivian plant about 5 miles down the road. I saw an R1T driving in the area a month or so ago, as I'm sure they had some test models being driven around by factory techs. Look like they'll become a more common sight now if they're hitting production.

From an RV standpoint though, I haven't really seen Rivian marketing their truck as a tow vehicle... at least not in the same way that Tesla's highest-equipped (triple engine?) future Cybertruck is shown pulling a big futuristic-looking box trailer.

Big local news for us, with the Rivian plant about 5 miles down the road. I saw an R1T driving in the area a month or so ago, as I'm sure they had some test models being driven around by factory techs. Look like they'll become a more common sight now if they're hitting production.

From an RV standpoint though, I haven't really seen Rivian marketing their truck as a tow vehicle... at least not in the same way that Tesla's highest-equipped (triple engine?) future Cybertruck is shown pulling a big futuristic-looking box trailer.

Yah I agree. That might change when the option for the two bigger packs becomes available. Who knows.

But I think it all depends on how one defines RVing. In this area the trend towards smaller RV’s has been growing somewhat. Larger used RV’s are cheaper than the smaller 17 footers and teardrops in some cases. Those little exterior kitchen teardrops seem to be getting more common and we quite often see them with kayaks and bikes on them. Not my thing but the younger crowd seems to like them. I would think Rivian will be shooting for that adventurer type RV market. There website kind of alludes to that.

I wound say half the trailers we see towed by EV’s here are the teardrop type. There are not a ton on the road but a lot more than a year ago. Those Sylvan go tenty thingies behind Tesla’s are definitely getting more common although from what I hear they are hard to come by. I took a shot at the local RV dealer.

659326F7-03F9-4A50-9DAB-BFFFC955AACB.jpeg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoyL57
Back
Top Bottom