First test drives!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JonMN

Rookie here. Just took a couple test drives--first time behind the wheel of an RV. We drove a Coachman Nova (Ram) and a Coachman Beyond (Ford). A fun experience. As you might have guessed, both were easy to drive. We have a full size truck, and
these are just a little bigger.

Nova: Nice interior layout and features, but the legroom for the drive is really compromised by the cooktop/sink island. The island keeps the seat from going back or reclining. Still fun to take for a drive.

Beyond: Wow, really liked this one. Nice layout and features, and the Ford van it's based on has a lot of nice features. It felt really easy to drive, and very stable. I was also surprised that it was AWD and a dually. Of course the Beyond was more expensive too, but seems worth it to us.

We also looked at a Jayko Swift. This one was on the showroom, so we did not ask them to take it our for a drive. But it's based on the RAM, so should feel similar. Better legroom, however, as they cooktop island is just a little further behind the driver.

Anyway, it was a fun way to spend some time here in the frigid northland. :cool:

Just for fun drive an older class A.

I almost flipped the first one we test drove. My sweet wife was holding on for dear life, it was tilting like crazy as I slowed down from maybe 8 or 9 mph to exit the dealers parking lot. One block later I did a u turn (without flipping it!) and took it back. There something seriously wrong with that suspension. I knew not ALL RV's could drive like that or they would be littering the highway.

I think lots of people just look at the layout and don't consider what different ones drive like.

After that one I did find out you could get upgraded suspension and handling stuff.

ust for fun drive an older class A.

I almost flipped the first one we test drove. My sweet wife was holding on for dear life, it was tilting like crazy as I slowed down from maybe 8 or 9 mph to exit the dealers parking lot. One block later I did a u turn (without flipping it!) and took it back.
Few class As are like that, and those that are seriously need some work done. Tire inflation, suspension condition and a number of other factors can affect it a lot, too.

Back
Top Bottom