First time poster

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dadmire

First time poster....first time buyer too.......with a newbie question.

I just dropped a deposit for a Cirrus 620 truck camper.  Now I'm looking for a truck to safely haul the camper and my wife's horse trailer with 2 mini horses.

The camper lists a dry weight of 1500......and the trailer is 3000, + 2 mini horses at 225 each + water and hay.

I figure loaded weights of 2200 for the camper and 4000 for the trailer (double axle aluminum trailer).

The Ford and Chevy dealer both say that the 250/2500 will work safely.  The camper dealer will install air bags on the rear of the truck.

What does the forum say???  is the F250 or Chevy 2500 enough truck?  I'm thinking the largest gas engine and any additional towing options available.

Thanks in advance.

lets see.
1500 lbs dry weight
30 gal of water(18 fresh/12 gray) 240lbs
5 gals of black  40lb
2 suitcases of clothes  80lbs
food and drink  50lbs
towels, cooking utensils, toiletries 50 lbs

Okay, you're over 2K at this point.

add 2 passengers(industry uses 150lb apiece, most of us know better than that)the dog, and whatever else your wife stows aboard while your not looking, and you're squarely in 3/4t territory.
Then you add the trailer, horses, food and water for them, tack, and whatever else a horse requires.  I'll buy your 4k figure here since I don't know much about horses.

Get the dually.

If you need air bags then you need more truck.  At absolute minimum you need a 3500 SRW.  With a camper, even a light one pulling a horse trailer personally I would pick up a dually for the stability of it.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
automedicmobile
Back
Top Bottom