First time with travel trailer. Towing advice...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yeah they did. After looking at the weights etc I thought it would be good. I never trust a sales person no matter what haha.
You look tail heavy in the picture. That suggests the hitch is not correctly adjusted. When you have those bars up and locked in, they transfer weight back to the front. I agree, a combo of P Metric tires, possible misadjusted hitch, a heavy TT for a half ton, and a less than honest sales person.
There are cures. LT tires to start on wheels that will hold the higher pressure. I'm not crazy about the hitch they sold you. While those trunnion bars will distribute weight, they are not particularly great at sway control. Equal-I-Zer or Hensley are great at keeping the trailer in line. You may find that aftermarket rear leafs will help with squat and rear end support.
I think you'll get there, but one of my pet peeves is a salesman that puts a family in an uncomfortable situation so it takes a day to calm down after arriving.
If you want to solve the problem with one shot, long wheel base 3/4 ton. If you go long bed at the same time, you'll be ready for the inevitable 5th wheel a few years from now.

You look tail heavy in the picture. That suggests the hitch is not correctly adjusted. When you have those bars up and locked in, they transfer weight back to the front. I agree, a combo of P Metric tires, possible misadjusted hitch, a heavy TT for a half ton, and a less than honest sales person.
There are cures. LT tires to start on wheels that will hold the higher pressure. I'm not crazy about the hitch they sold you. While those trunnion bars will distribute weight, they are not particularly great at sway control. Equal-I-Zer or Hensley are great at keeping the trailer in line. You may find that aftermarket rear leafs will help with squat and rear end support.
I think you'll get there, but one of my pet peeves is a salesman that puts a family in an uncomfortable situation so it takes a day to calm down after arriving.
If you want to solve the problem with one shot, long wheel base 3/4 ton. If you go long bed at the same time, you'll be ready for the inevitable 5th wheel a few years from now.
Your not looking at the correct pictures. The poster now has a 2500 rhe pictures
The poster bought a 2500 since those pictures were taken. Read all the posts before answering please. The poster is just fine ty and a long wheel base 2500 will not be the be all end all for a 5er most 2500 s are not 5er adequate

Thanks for the feedback man. I have since gotten a 2021 Silverado 2500 with a 27500 lb gvwr. I would rather be safe than sorry. It’s got a 6.6L diesel and 10 speed Alison trans. Standard bed crew cab so long enough wheelbase. Gonna stick with this tt at least until the kids are grown as long as it lasts haha. I’ve been looking hard at a Hensley hitch but I want to run this a few more times with the hitch I have. It was a world of difference with a new truck👍

Thanks for the feedback man. I have since gotten a 2021 Silverado 2500 with a 27500 lb gvwr. I would rather be safe than sorry. It’s got a 6.6L diesel and 10 speed Alison trans. Standard bed crew cab so long enough wheelbase. Gonna stick with this tt at least until the kids are grown as long as it lasts haha. I’ve been looking hard at a Hensley hitch but I want to run this a few more times with the hitch I have. It was a world of difference with a new truck👍
Good for you enjoy your new setup

Back
Top Bottom