First timers looking for guidance.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Toodles

Hello and thanks in advance if able to supple any sage advice. Many things to tackle in renovating a 07 Safari Passage, but first trying to chase down set of new tires.
Besides rvtires.com, what do you like to use to buy rubber? Sadly, didn't factor this into the budget, so looking for reliable buy cheaper tires.
Thanks again. Hope to pester you all soon with more inane questions.

Welcome to the forum. The only inane or stupid question is the one you don't ask. There are lots of knowledgeable folks here.

Welcome to the Forum. Glad to have you aboard. Can't help you on motorhome tires since I have a travel trailer. But, other knowledgeable members will soon respond. We've had a number of threads concerning RV tires.

Welcome Toodles. You will find a lot of sage advice here plus some very friendly RVers. DH (Dear Husband) and I have been members for over eight years.

Hi, and I’ll echo, welcome to the form. Lots of friendly and knowledgeable folks here.
It will save you (and responders) alot of time) if you put information about your rig, toad, etc, in your signature. Also, will really help if you start a new thread for each topic. (Water muddies fast if you ask multiple questions in one post.)
I won’t suggest a particular tire, there’s others who know much more that’ll be along shortly. What I WILL say is things that you’re going to invest in every seven years or so (tires, batteries, etc)… when you amortize the cost, imo, it just sense to not skimp. You likely don’t need the costliest option, but you sure don’t want the cheapest. There’s a lot of tire savvy folks here that will giv you sound advice.

Welcome -- For a motorhome I'll typically look at Hankook, Yokohama or perhaps another not-quite-so-premium tire, rather than Michelin or Goodyear. Others are likely to have more comprehensive lists.

Thanks for all the advice and welcomes so far. Excited to start digging in more to this.

What size tires does it require? You don't need an "RV" tire retailer - just a shop that handles the size.
Since the Passage is available on either a 2007 Workhorse or Ford chassis I can't guess the specifics but it will be either 19.5" or R22.5" tires. Most any commercial truck tire shop can source those, and maybe a major chain like Lee Schwab. Check around and get some "out the door" prices. Online retailers like rvtires.com and motorhometires.com and Simpletire.com are good possibilities, but give local truck tire shops a try too.

For lower price but still top quality tires I suggest Sumitomo, Kumho, Hankook, Yokohama, Toyo, Falkien and Firestone. Sailun too. For a bit lower in price but still decent maybe Hercules. I've probably overlooked some brands but not every size is available in every brand.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bridger
Back
Top Bottom