first trip this weekend

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oh. And the stock bed is the worst thing I've ever laid on. When tenting, we used a Coleman cot/mattress combo that was far seperior.

Ordered a mattress topper this morning.

We also had issues with some of the cabinets opening up during travel. They were just held closed with magnets. I picked up some hardware to help keep them closed.

Discovered the 25' freshwater hose wasn't long enough to reach the back of the trailer on this trip. The plan was to use 1 25' hose for the trailer, 1 25' hose for the dog auto-waterer, and 1 50' hose for black water flush out. Since this is our first trip, the black water hose was still clean. We ended up using both 25' hoses to reach the camper, then I used the black water hose for the dog waterer. Ordered another freshwater hose now that the black water hose is dirty.

Have another trip scheduled for the end of July. It's farther from town, so we'll see what else we're missing.

Need to remember to pack more water toys. We remembered the travel board games for in the evenings, but the kids got bored at the beach. Didn't even have a ball to throw back and forth. (Doh!)

The next trip is to a place that allows dogs, but then limits quite a few places where they aren't allowed (swimming pools, etc). We'll probably leave the puppers at home.

Times have changed. When I was 9-10 years old I would ride my bike to the beach (Daytona Beach) all the time. Didn’t have a ball or anybody to throw one to. :cool:
They did pretty good. They started stacking larger rocks. The 'beach' was more rock than sand. If it was sand, my kids can easily kill an entire afternoon.

Attachments

• PXL_20220625_184235398.jpg
    PXL_20220625_184235398.jpg
    188 KB · Views: 2
Here is the key to washing dishes while using minimal water. Get a dishpan that fits sink. CW has the right size for a lot of RV sinks. Put dishes in sink and add soap. Start to add water, but also start to wash dishes as water goes into dishpan. Use just a small stream of water, and after washing each piece, rinse it in the water running into the dishpan.

Hopefully, you can get all the dishes washed and rinsed before the dishpan overflows. When you are done, all the water from washing and rinsing dishes will be in the dishpan, so take it and dump it in the toilet!! In nearly all cases, the toilet or black water tank fills up much more slowly than grey water, and all that soapy water is good for the black water tank!

Because the water I use to wash dishes is not as hot as that in a dishwasher, I also add a bit of bleach to the dishpan along with the soap. (This is what restaurants used to do before they had super-hot water dishwashers.) I usually am alone so it does not matter so much, but if I have company, I make sure my dishes are sanitized.

The other option is to take the dishpan full of dishes to the campground dishwashing sink. Please do NOT wash dishes in the water faucets in the campground, as the food particles that end up on the ground attract animals and bugs.

At our cabin we have to haul 5 gallon buckets of water from the spring and then heat a pan of water on a portable stove. We wash the dishes in the pan we heated the water in and rinse in clean water. The grey water is drained to the front yard.

I showed her how to wash dishes with minimal water the next morning. I do very similar to the 'bucket in the sink' method. I think the part she'll have a hard time getting used to is rinsing in a trickle of water.

She filled up 2/3 of the galley grey tank the first night. I washed dishes the rest of the weekend and we just hit the 'full' light Sunday after breakfast before we loaded up to leave the campsite.

They all did quite well with the Navy Showers. We hardly used any water in that grey tank.

Another thing I need to figure out how to fix (this thread will probably turn into a "I need to remember to do this" list)... The outdoor kitchen has a huge opening to the under-sink area inside the trailer. I noticed that a lot of hot/cold air seems to seep through this opening whether the outdoor door is open or not. I'm thinking of pulling the outdoor fridge out and seeing if I can cut/fit some structural foam in the opening to cut down on the draft. I'll have to poke around and see if this is feasible. Need to make sure that storage area isn't trying to use the inside of the camper for the outdoor refrigerator's coils/air flow while running.

And the stock bed is the worst thing I've ever laid on.
We use a 4" memory foam pad with a quilted mattress cover very much like these, although I'm not sure they are the exact ones that we have. We have found it to be quite comfortable now.
Somebody misinformed you; the Navy doesn’t shower.
And you just spread more misinformation. Elenore Roosevelt once said, "Sailors have the cleanest bodies and the filthiest minds." :LOL:

Your comment does fit with your being part of the fly-babies. :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skibumbob
Back
Top Bottom