Fishing and RVing

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Just to add a very small contribution to this, Bethel Island had (hopefully still has) a restaurant and bar called the Boathouse. They serve one of the better NY Steak sandwiches (with a boatload of fries) you've ever had. It is also one of the most inexpensive you'll ever see. The one caveat I would mention is that it tends to be a bit of a biker bar during the night hours. We never had a problem but some might be concerned. We loved it.  It's been a few years since we've been there but we used to have a cabin cruiser docked just down and across the road from there (Angels Marina). Lots of good times can be had in the Delta area. Some of the places mentioned definitely ring a bell for us. For our honeymoon we took our 27ft wood classic from Bethel Island to Sacramento for a few days of fun, so we visited a number of them. Most have very friendly people and offer loads of diverse fun and entertainment of one sort or another. The fishing is almost always perfect too. One thing I can pass along as a hint, the slack tide, (period of time between changes in direction of the tide where the water essentially stays still) is one of the better times to fish. Any of the local stores, bait shops, etc will have the tide charts and times just for the asking. Take advantage and have fun!  ;D

Buzzbait, thanks for adding the Boathouse. I'll have to check it out when we get home (we're currently in Oregon). Sounds like you're an old river rat yourself with lots of time on the Delta.

Another good Delta eatery and also a biker bar is Al the Wop's in Locke, on the Sacramento river, just north of the cross-delta canal. The entire town of Locke is maintained as a museum in honor of its former Chinese community who built some of the original Delta levies.

Back
Top Bottom