Fishing my way through Montana. Suggestions?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Smoky

I am about to depart from Lewistown MT to Kalispell MT. Debating on
taking route 200 through the mountains, or the smoother but longer I90
route and up from Missoula.

Which way would give me better fishing and boondocking(preferably) or
RV campgrounds for a big rig? Since I left my toad with my wife on a
different mission, I have to find places I can park a big rig, yet
walk to fishing holes.

Suggestions?

p.s. to the moderators...

I considered this more of a destination and route thread than a fishing thread.  But you can move it if you feel strongly compelled.  ;D

MIght be cold in Montana so keep the worms in your mouth,  They stay warm that way.  Have a good time,.

Either message board is fine Smoky. Just be sure to post photos of your big trout catches with details of, for example, type and size of fly.

Smoky:

At Ron's suggestion we took 200 across MT to Missoua last summer and it is a beautiful easily driven route. There were several USFS unimproved campgrounds. Lots of pull-offs that would also work for an overnight.

Can't help with fishing but I saw a few gollf courses. ;)

Well, I chickened out of boondocking on 200 and found a campground with riverside sites on the Flathead River in West Glacier.

Jeff, I should be hitting Somers around Tuesday or Wednesday.? Looking forward to seeing you and Sue.

Meanwhile I am having fun "batching" it for a few days.  Well ... not exactly batching I guess, as I have Sky the dog and Reba the cat on board.  But they don't tell me what to do!  ;D  And they are both guys, so I guess we three are batching it.

Back
Top Bottom