Fleetwood motor homes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yes, thanks a lot. That web site on replacement of air bags is just the ticket.

I checked out that site, but couldn't come up with a price. All I need is the basic bags for the front coil springs on a Chevrolet P 30 chassis. Any ideas?

Our 1994 Flair air bags were replaced at Camping World .They removed and installed the new ones through the  hole in the bottom of the lower spring assembly, price real cheap then!

I recommend the replacement bags from Workhorse, who took over the P chassis from Chevrolet several years ago. Workhorse engineered some substantial improvements to both the chassis and some of its chronicly failing parts and new heavy duty airbags are one of their improvements.  You should be able to order from a Workhorse authorized service center - see ther workhorse website for one near you.  They probably aren't the cheapest bags you can get, but they ought to be good ones.

WE HAVE JUST PURCHASED A 1991 CAMBRIA BY FLEETWOOD AND CANNOT FIGURE OUT HOW TO MAKE THE ELECTRIC WORK BY IT'SELF WITHOUT BATTERY AND GENERATOR WORKING WHAT DO I NEED TO DO?

Please don't use all caps in your messages - it is hard to read and is considered "shouting".

Your coach has a lot of things that fall under the label "electric", e.g. lighting, controls for the water heater, furnace and fridge, 120v outlets, tvs, etc.  Perhaps you could be a bit more specific as to what works and what does not, and whether on shore power, generator, or battery power. 

Some things require 12v from battery and/or converter, some others a 120v only (shore or generator), and some can select from what is available. There is a primer on RV electrical systems in the Forum Library that would help give a perspective on what systems use which sort of power.

http://www.rvforum.net/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=420&Itemid=41

I apoligize for caps did not know it was shouting.

Everything works when generator is the only thing turned on; microwave, refrig, air, lights, camera etc.

When the electric is plugged up to outside plug nothing works. This outlet has been checked and does have power.

To use the generator, do you plug the power cord into a special generator outlet or does it switch over automatically when you start the generator? If the latter, it sounds as though the transfer switch is stuck in generator mode.

With neither generator nor shore power available, do the lights, rear camera, etc. work ok? They should - they are powered by 12v fromabttery rather than from shore power or generator.

kendall said:
I checked out that site, but couldn't come up with a price. All I need is the basic bags for the front coil springs on a Chevrolet P 30 chassis. Any ideas?

I'm in the process of purchasing new ones for my 1995 Flair.  The process looks simple and it appears that they should just twist up.  I have experimented a bit with them,  but will take them out when the replacements come in.  $81 bucks at shockwarehouse.com.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chewys79
Back
Top Bottom