Flex Seal to repair rubber roof?????

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I also tried Flex Seal spray and liquid and found it leaked right away and did not last long. Since I only needed 2 feet and it comes in 5 foot rolls at Walmart I did test the Flex Seal tape on my shop roof which is metal paneling. It has lasted 3 years so far with no signs of deterioration yet. It seams to be a thinner version of Eternabond which is just as sticky but I don't expect it to last as long. So maybe the only reason to buy a small roll is for emergency repairs on the road.

When I bought my last Class C six years ago I did the entire roof using over 100 feet of Eternabond and 3 1/2 gallons of Liquid Roof. At my age I'm thinking I'll never have to worry about the roof again. For 40 years on my previous RV's and 14x80 vacation mobile home I applied roof coatings and caulking every few years. With mixed results and several days removing the old caulking every time. I'll check myself into a mental hospital before I decide to go that route again.

I have a travel trailer that requires recoating 1 to 2 years, I have used Heng's rubber roof coating for the 2015, it does its job, I put on as on instructed, I use when ever my 29 ft travel trailer needs it be cause it works as promised, also they are always prompt in delivery to me. See no need to change, because If it works why risk changing it. I think its a high quality. I always double coat so I don't miss a spot. https://www.rvhometown.com/best-rv-roof-coatings/

I did it for 40 years but times change. In this day and age I don't understand why anyone would recoat a roof and recaulk every few years when there are a number of solutions that last 20+ years. One coat may be cheaper but applying 10 coats in 20 years is not. Caulking also seems cheap but not 10 times over 20 years. The real downside is if the coating or caulking springs a leak it damages your RV. If there are semi-permanent solutions why not save yourself 20 years of labor.

I will never buy any again as long as I live.
Some of the gutters on my house are aluminum and others on additions are plastic.
Both types had leaks at the seams from old age.
I followed their instructions exactly, removed the old sealant, sanded smooth and cleaned with alcohol.
The very first rain storm some of them leaked, and after less than a year, everyone of them was leaking.

Good luck f you use it !

Jack L
I did my rain gutter seams and at the corners where they were leaking, That was 6 years ago and they are not leaking. I didn't do anything except spray the stuff from the spray can. Worked for me.
Mel

Back
Top Bottom