Flojet waste pump

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Charissa0303

So im brand new to rv living and i bought the flojet waste pump to pump waste into my house sewer drain. Im wondering how  hard or easy is it to install the system to the battery? Anyone hooked one up? How did you do it step by step?

I installed the FloJet as a semi-permanent macerator. It's mounted in the wet bay, near the dump valves, and I hooked a short length of flexible dump hose between the macerator and the output of the dump valves (see photo). I have 35 feet of garden hose connected to the output of the macerator (not shown in the photo). The other end of the garden hose goes to the campsite sewer connection, when I'm ready to dump.

I then ran a pair of wires from the house batteries (on the opposite side of the coach) underneath the coach and into the wet bay. The black (negative) wire from the battery was connected to the black (negative) wire of the macerator. The red (positive) wire from the battery was connected to one side of the macerator switch, and the other side of the switch was connected to the positive wire of the macerator.

Attachments

• macerator.jpg
    macerator.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 38
My Flo-Jet is a portable.. And as it turns out the main 12 volt panel is in the wall between the front (half bath) Restroom and the hall beside it.. Under the sink in fact.. I ran some 10Ga red/black speaker wire from there to a compartment near the wet bay (not in the wet bay)

Installed Anderson power poles on it, Same on the Wireing harness. It eats off a 20 or 25 amp fuse (10 ga is over kill but I had a bunch of it.. Still do)

I too have a Flo-Jet portable.. I ran some 10Ga red/black speaker wire from there the battery compartment on the side of the rig through the storage area with a 30 amp fuse at the battery and installed Anderson power pole connectors on it and the pump lead.  Works great for me.

Thanks for the reminder to install a fuse at the battery; I forgot to mention that, although ours also has a (smaller) fuse at the switch.

I've wired my Portable Flo-jet the same as the others here.. from the [Battery], to the Pump, but used a 25amp Circuit Beaker, instead of a Fuse.

Just another option ?

Thank you for all the good advice. I got it wired up to a spare battery because i didnt have any wire long enough to reach the one mounted on my travel trailer. I didn't wire in a fuse though. Any pics of the fuse wired in to the battery? Or a pic of the fuse i need to get for future reference? Thanks again

[quote author=Charissa0303]Any pics of the fuse wired in to the battery? Or a pic of the fuse i need to get for future reference?[/quote]

Something like this inline fuse will work just fine. Choose a fuse appropriate for the wire size from the battery to the FlowJet. Separately, check if there's a, possibly smaller' fuse protecting the FloJet (mine is in the switch to turn the pump on and off). If not, consider using a smaller fuse in the in the inline fuse holder linked earlier. Check the manual to see what size fuse they recommend.

Try an online search for "wiring a flojet macerator pump" or similar language. I tried it and found several videos about it including how to "hardwire" a pump kit. While it was for a Class A RV, it would probably help you with your project.

Note, on the flo-jet the impeller often sticks if not used daily... To fix.. On the "Bottom" (non pump end) is a slotted shaft.. Insert flat tool (Quarter?) and twist in direction outlet suggests.. Then remove tool and fire that sucker up. (uh, hook up first)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
traxster
Back
Top Bottom