Floor replacement

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Willowflowage

Floor had a ongoing slow water issue we found by the soft rotting floorboard. Some water had was being held in by the membrane underneath causing part of the floorboard and 2 x 2 supports underneath to start rotting. This was due to an unsealed bathtub edge against the vanity that allowed splashed water from the sink and shower to drip down. Over time it added up and traveled through the insulation.
We removed the bad wood and I painted the support wood with Zinsser paint. Would this be a good thing to do to the new floorboard and existing good floorboard before we put on the new flooring?

Attachments

• IMG_20220910_124902227_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20220910_124902227_HDR.jpg
    123.1 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:
A primer/sealer like the Zinsser is a plus and might help if there is another leak in the future. But if water intrusion never happens again, it's probably a waste of time & money. How much of a gambler are you?

A primer/sealer like the Zinsser is a plus and might help if there is another leak in the future. But if water intrusion never happens again, it's probably a waste of time & money. How much of a gambler are you?
Well not a good gambler. I bought a gallon so I thought I'd check but why not use it.
I think I'd like a trap door to check occasionally. It was a small amount of water over a long time before we noticed the softness.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
7199michael
Back
Top Bottom