Florida Campgrounds or any other state that don't allow pets

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ziplock

Are there any campgrounds in Florida like that?

I would like to find campgrounds for over 55 and no pets allowed.

If Other states that have this nice luxury, I'd like to know about those also, especially on the East Coast.

Thanks in advance for any information, or actual links to campgrounds that you know about.

I think you may have trouble finding a campground with no pets. They may be out there but I have never heard of one. Campgrounds depend on families and most of them consider a pet as being one of their family members.

You can search Allstays, state by state, for campgrounds in the area you want to go to, and they list all manner of things about each campground. If you sign up you can also filter for a number of things, including pet friendly (didn't see the opposite, though), even elevation, showers and other amenities.

I would like to find campgrounds for over 55 and no pets allowed.

If Other states that have this nice luxury,

I can't say that any campground that forbids a pet is much of a luxury. I don't recall seeing any dog or cat running wild at any park across the country. Florida has tons of well manicured and gated campgrounds dedicated to fancy motorhomes and class A only. But there are dogs in those places that's pampered and lives better than most families across the fruited plains. Heck my four legged princess gets her own sorta double bed, ice cream on sat nights and opera music to listen to when we are away from her.

Now there has been huge elk, Moose, and white tail deer running wild in a lot of campgrounds across the country, which includes Florida. Of course those concrete pads and asphalt access roads campgrounds, which has shuffleboard courts dedicated to old grouchy seniors armed with stick weapons in hand are not worth a free night to me unless its the only game in town. [insert big grin and a thumbs up.]

I have never heard of a no-pets campground, but I have been in some that separate pet owners from non-pet owners. They seem to be the bigger resort-type places though, not state parks. Allocating sites for pet/no-pet would be too complicated for smaller places.

Dogs aren’t allowed at CT state park campgrounds, but are allowed at state forest campgrounds.

There’s currently only one campground in York Beach, ME that allows dogs, and they aggressively enforce the rules. Inconsiderate pet owners have pretty much spoiled it for everyone else.

I won't go to a park that has a no pet policy.
If my dog is not welcome, neither am i.
Well it would be a silly thing for you to do as a pet owner. Maybe the poster is scared of dogs due to a traumatic experience. Maybe they are so allergic to dogs that it is life threatening. Maybe they just don’t like dogs, just because. Too many pet owners think that everyone must love their Fido and Fluffy, but a number of people don’t. I have had far too many dogs jump up on me, growl at me, etc. I don’t blame the dog, but I do blame the pet owner. And before anyone gets upset, we had dogs for 30 years. We just lost our remaining cat this week, but we are on the waitlist for adoption of two kittens, probably in May. But I make sure anyone visiting me knows I have cats, and I put them up if the individual is uncomfortable (like my beloved DIL who had a bad experience with a cat as a child).

As others have said campgrounds with a no pet policy are few, they exist but most campgrounds do allow pets with as Gary mentioned some restrictions. We have two dogs so when looking for campgrounds we look to their pet policy and so far have found only one campground that did not allow pets.

Well it would be a silly thing for you to do as a pet owner. Maybe the poster is scared of dogs due to a traumatic experience. Maybe they are so allergic to dogs that it is life threatening. Maybe they just don’t like dogs, just because. Too many pet owners think that everyone must love their Fido and Fluffy, but a number of people don’t. I have had far too many dogs jump up on me, growl at me, etc. I don’t blame the dog, but I do blame the pet owner. And before anyone gets upset, we had dogs for 30 years. We just lost our remaining cat this week, but we are on the waitlist for adoption of two kittens, probably in May. But I make sure anyone visiting me knows I have cats, and I put them up if the individual is uncomfortable (like my beloved DIL who had a bad experience with a cat as a child).
Pam,
Sorry to hear you lost Lily. Hopefully your new kitties will adapt to the RV life quickly. Sadie is getting better around other people and even when seeing other dogs but she still has terrible separation anxiety. Have you headed back north yet?
Vicki

Vicki, thanks for the condolences. Lily’s kidney disease got quickly worse. Hope Sadie feels more comfortable soon. Any more cushions lost? We are staying in Iowa probably until early to mid-May. Then we are headed to Salt Lake City area for kittens followed by Yellowstone, wandering around Wyoming, Cody for a FMCA diesel club rally, then the FMCA rally in Gillette. Wandering home in late July probably.

I encountered one near Lake George NY a few years back, but I just checked and they now claim Pets Welcome in bold letters. RVers without a pet are an increasingly rare breed, so a no pets policy costs the campground a lot of business.

Oh well, just thought I'd ask. They have nudist campgrounds,

but ya can't find a pet free campground, gees.

I just found that web site for my favorite campground in Wyoming, which used to be "no dogs" now is posted as "no dogs outside vehicles".
The first time we found the place we were tent camping and had left the dogs at home, so the "no dogs" policy didn't ever come up. Several years later, while researching another trip to the area, I noticed the "no dogs" on the web site. Since we were now traveling in the motor home, with the dogs, we went elsewhere.
After Gary's post above, I just checked again, and they've changed it to "no dogs outside vehicles". It's a popular day use area for Douglas, so that may have something to do with it.
Maybe I'll go back after my old dog passes.

To be honest, they are very few and far between. Also, every rv parks I have been to allows dogs and even cats as long as they are under control at all times and the owner cleans up after them (including cleaning up their poop) and many of the rv parks have dog parks as well too. The vast majority of people I have seen with pets at rv parks do a wonderful job controlling their pets and cleaning up after them and there was never one time where I stepped in poop or was chased by a dog so far. To be honest, bringing your pets along is one of the prime advantages to rving.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoyL57
Back
Top Bottom