Florida Cold Snap

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DearMissMermaid

40 effing degrees in Bushnell Florida at 230am. I am up puttering around.

Last winter when I bought this old RV, the furnace and fireplace didn't work. I was so looking forward to not having portable heat to trip over. Luckily I was able to borrow a heater rather than invest in one.

A repairman found out the furnace thermostat needs a new hot wire and the fireplace was replaced at reasonable cost.

This winter I am toasty warm.

Also I use a mattress warmer. Heaven on earth!

The fireplace is more or less keeping the rig nice and warm but when it feels too chilly, I run the furnace for a full cycle and that seems to bring it back up to temp, then the fireplace is able to maintain the coziness for hours on end.

I have reservations for Key West... but not until May.  :eek:

Here's hoping where ever you are, that you are warm and toasty.  ;D

Key Largo, Fl. right now at 4;52 AM it is 57 degrees out side.
I put the propane gas on to take the chill off here in the trailer and as soon as it got to 72 turned it off and turned on our little electric space heater
it is supposed to get up to 68 this afternoon

It's too cool for water sports today, so I'll get some of the stuff on the "to do list" done

Jack L

I have reservations for Key West... but not until May.  :eek:
Just in time for the mosquito season. Only $23 at Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/Lixada-Repellent-Ultra-fine-Protective-Gardening/dp/B01I5AX9UO/ref=asc_df_B01I5AX9UO/

We are in Naples and it is 49 degrees at 7:00 AM, an expected high of 63 degrees.  A welcome break from mid to upper 80's and high humidity since we have been here.  Yesterday was the first day I have been able to ride my bicycle without sweating to death.

DearMissMermaid said:
40 effing degrees in Bushnell Florida at 230am. I am up puttering around.

I had 30 here in Seneca. SC this AM.. Should warm up later. And I got to PUSH (Or wrench) the slide in today. Oh the joy of a blown slide motor... New one in 2 weeks before I need it again.

We're supposed to be back to normal temps by Saturday (80-85F) so hunker down and ride it out. I've got three layers on right now, and I'm in a sticks&bricks. Floridians don't do 50 or below well. ;)

warm at Old Faithful, but I am no longer living there,  25 deg with forecasted high of 29 and snow by mid day.  We are in Tucson, should be a high of 78 and about 50 last night low, but in a few days we leave for Santa Fe, with arrival on Sunday, apparently in snow.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kstoybox
Back
Top Bottom