Florida RV SuperShow Jan 14-18

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dream Chasers

We are going to the Florida RV SuperShow tomorrow.  Been looking forward to it for months now and we are excited.  We are prepared with lists suggested by ArdraF on Nov 7, 2014 - "must have", "do not want", and "might be nice".  We also are taking Gary RV Roamer's advise he wrote on 10/15/14, "Wear your most comfortable shoes and clothing, and plan on multiple trips (even if just morning and afternoon). You will need a break for both physical and mental reasons! Spend a couple days if you can, returning on a second day to re-visit the ones that seem most interesting to you after "sleeping on it". You might also want to visit vendor areas later to see what extras are available, everything from accessories to campground memberships and insurance. Can be educational, even if not needed then or even later."

Any other suggestions?

i don't believe i didn't check for RV shows :( do you happen to know if there are pre-owned RVs for sale as well on the show?

they don't mention used RVs but lazydays are thrilled to announce their discounts... looks liks i got myself a trip for this weekend :)

For the most part they are only displaying new RVs, but many have lists and even links to their used inventory, and with them taking in a lot of trades during the show, most are anxious to give good prices on used. 

Ed

Just got back from a fantastic, informative day.  This was day 1 and since it was a Wednesday, we weren't expecting the crowds that were there.  I can only imagine how busy it will be on the weekend.  Glad we went today. 

To ArdraF - thanks for the advise about listening to others who are walking through and concentrating on some of the "must-haves" and "dislikes". There were several models we walked into and immediately turned around and walked right back out.  Others were weren't so sure about, but we would try out the chairs, booths, couches and even the beds to see what we could live with and some of the items that were deal-breakers. We also learned some things from people that have similar models and what they like and don't like about them.  Very enlightening.

To Gary RV Roamer - thanks for the advise about taking a break.  We actually left the show for awhile and had lunch with our son who lives in Tampa.  It was a nice break and gave us a chance to clear our heads. 

Now that we have a better idea of what we want, the search begins.  We hope to buy something by the end of the year.  Then we can use it and get to know about it during 2016 as we plan on full-timing in 2017.

sad to hear it'll be crowded on the weekend, as i just got my tickets and gonna visit it on Sat and Sun. planning to attend seminars and look for used RVs, at least LazyDays is there

Make sure you are talking to a LazyDays sales representative in the bright yellow shirts.  There are other people at all of their sites that have on white shirts.  They seem to be some sort of host/hostess and really are just passing out brochures and maybe they can direct you to a specific model/type you are looking for.  But they don't seem to know about any specifics of the RVs.  For specific questions, you'll need to talk to a sales rep.

If you plan to spend the better part of the day there, you should be ok with the crowds.  Maybe look at the map on-line to get an idea of what you specifically want to see and where it is located.  We don't recommend taking the free trams unless you can't walk long distances.  The tram moves slower than the walkers!  Good luck in your search.

Thanks Sheryl & Bobby. I'm guessing it'll be kind of time wasting for to walk around all those fancy 2015-2016 DP for half a million as i';m not planning to spend more than $30k to begin with RVing. I liked latest B/B+ class but they cost the same as A and don't suit for my pusposes, so I stick with 10-15 y.o. class A. I have pretty attractive option in OH and will get there after the show and LD inventory so by then I should more or less know what I want. I've put together some points of what i want

quite critical:
RV Class: A
27'-34' seems optimal but really depends on the layout
Starting year 2000
with slide outs (at least 1 in the living area, don't care much about bedroom)
working desk area (remove that recliner behind from passenger seat)
shower/toilet in one enclosed area
under $30k

not that critical:
washer/dryer hook-ups
absence of propane oven (don't cook much and convection microwave is more than enough)
solar (will put it in anyway as my goal is boondocking)

btw i enjoy walking so tram shouldn't be a problem for me :) just ran 12 miles preparing for my Feb half-marathon

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freetoroam
Back
Top Bottom