Fluid Replacement

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Roscoe's Roadtrips

Hello again!

Thank you for all of the useful information that you have so generously given to a newbie RV'er. I have a gas 2018 Thor Ace 30.4 motor coach. I am trying to find the recommended fluids to use in my coach. I have read the manuals but have found nothing. When adding engine coolant for example, what type should I use? Type of oil, transmission fluid, etc.

Where do you find this information?

Thank you once again!

What does the engine mfg recomend? Actually what motor do you have?

That's a ford F53 chassis, so most of what you're looking for will be related to ford trucks. You should be able to find a chassis manual for your exact model online.

Mark B.
Albuquerque, NM

Reactions: RNS
It has a Triton v-10 gas engine. The coolant currently in the reservoir is orange but I do not know what type.. The manual says to use a 50/50 mix but I cannot find where is says which type of coolant is recommended.

Download the 2018 Ford F53 Motorhome Chassis Owner Manual here.
Ford of course recommends Ford-branded oils & coolant, but you can use any equivalent. The coolant shown in the owner manual is Motorcraft® Orange Prediluted Antifreeze/Coolant VC-3DIL-B

WOW! It is so unselfish of you ALL to offer advice and help to those that know little! Thank you for sharing what you know! I am so glad that we found this RV Forum. It has been a great help thus far.

God Bless and Safe travels!

WOW! It is so unselfish of you ALL to offer advice and help to those that know little! Thank you for sharing what you know! I am so glad that we found this RV Forum. It has been a great help thus far.

God Bless and Safe travels!
This site is a godsend.
Keep treating it with the respect that it deserves. Then stick around long enough and you’ll start departing sage advice.

Back
Top Bottom