Flush Wheel Skirts for RV

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cerd

Does anybody make a flush skirt for RVs like they have on classic cars and hot rods? We move around a lot, so I was thinking that if I could find some of these, then I wouldn't have to putz around with putting wheel covers on every time we stop.  In theory, it would be something easily removed in case of a flat tire.

I considered making one out of fiberglass, but if I can buy some for $200 or so, it would be cheaper to buy them than the time spent to make some.

RV bodies vary widely, so not all have the same wheel well.  And there aren't all that many of each RV style made each year, so nobody makes aftermarket skirts for them.

Why do you put wheel covers on every time you stop?  Covers may have some value for long term parking in the sun, but there is no need to put them on for overnight or weekend stops.

I don't, but most of the time, we are parked in the sun and I have had issues with tires weathering prematurely.

I was under the impression that most Class C were all pretty much the same since they typically have a single rear axle and flat outer walls. I can order regular wheel wells from the catalog, but I haven't seen flush wheel wells. I assume that is just because you would have to remove it when changing a flat tire.

Back
Top Bottom