Football in cold weather

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Wendy

Site Team
Smoky said:
It is a very cold 44 degrees here in El Mirage as I type this, and we are expecting the temperature to go down to 26 this evening.? For once, I have turned off the heat pumps, and turned on the propane furnace.? We only do this once or twice during the winters in Arizona.

Smoky, I'll give you 2 of my current 15 degrees for your 44. And we're heading down to 7....brrr.

It's even colder in Denver where it's currently 9 degrees.

As for your Ravens, they can handle the cold....or are they woosies that play in nice warm domed stadiums??

January in Quarzsite is looking better and better.

LOL Wendy!  I don't know if they are woosies or not, but who wants to play football in 7 degree weather?  Or watch it for that matter?  Not me, for sure!

Yes, January in the desert looks good right about now, and I can hardly wait!  Guess I will have to bring a Raven flag this year!

Maybe we'll get lucky and it'll be the Broncos vs. the Ravens playing while we're in QTZ and we can sit outside and drink and make lots of noise and fly our banners and give new meaning to the phrase "loud obnoxious campers." :)

For the 1996 Super Bowl (the last one the Packers won) we set up a TV by the swimming pool and I cooked brats for half time.  Those SoCal people in Rancho Mirage never had it so good :)  Temps were in the 70s.

Wife says she can picture Smoky and Wendy sitting by the fire all bundled up with an exceptionally cool breeze blowing that black crap in your faces and lungs while the game is being played.  Says she'll sit inside thinking of sometime to cook or bake.  Now you know why I'm so fat.  Someone has to eat that stuff.  Just wish she wasn't such a arn good cook.  Heck.  I'll probably be sitting there with you, probably not bundled up tho.

How cool is that.....Smoky and I are gonna watch the Ravens v Broncos by the campfire, Ned is gonna cook us brats, and Shayne's wife (does the poor thing have a name of her own?) is gonna bake us cookies or brownies or something. Sounds good to me.

Wendy
Cortez morning temp was MINUS 1

Her name is Audrey... but she IS a good cook.

Wendy, let's hold everybody to their promises.  ;D

Ravens struggling in the rain against the Bengals as I type this.  At least it is a game they can afford to lose, but I still hate to see them lose.

Dang, didn't notice there was a game on tonight......that rain looks uglier than Seattle in the snow. But at least it's real football played outside.

Thanks, we have Dish, channel 154. Forgot there was that new NFL channel....must pay more attention.

Now all you have to do SMoky is make sure The Boss gets there LOL

This year the BOSS insists we go.  I was toying with the idea of skipping and going straight to Havesu.  Almost got a frying pan tossed at me!

Smoky  Aud just made some Creampuff Cake for dessert and Apple Judy.  HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM  good.

Sorry  SMoky  forgot you're on a diet.  Me Too  Seafood    Eat everything I see Food.    Heck  when it's cold like that good players shouldn't even notice it's cold  Run Hard and tackle harder to stay warm.  Cardinals and the Rams are both cold at 97 degrees  LOL

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freetoroam
Back
Top Bottom