ford f350

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

normeller

Has anyone had any experiences with the 2007 ford f350 dually? How's the transmission? Seems that I heard something about the bed rails being exceptionally high causing clearance problems with 5th wheel trailers. Any comments appreciated.

The bed rail problem is a FACT.  Has been so for 2 or 3 years now.  One of those dumb things that ford did without thinking it out completely.  It can be overcome with a proper and properly installed hitch, but you will likely be a bit nose-high unless you pull an exceptionally long 5er.

As for performance issues with the ford, no way will I step into that mud pit.  There are as many opinions as there are trucks out there and your question will likely stir up a perennial debate.

Good luck,
:)

We know  a couple people pulling good sized trailers with late model F350 and F550 duallies and they are quite happy with the 6.0L diesel and Ford 5 speed auto.

Yes, they are a bit tall, especially the 4x4's.

We have an '06 F350 Dually and have no problem getting under and pulling our Everest. We have about 7" clearance between the fiver and the bed rails. Course, the fiver axles were flipped from the factory and the truck is not 4X4. The 4X4's I've parked next to sit about 6" higher than our truck, and I would think the only way one would be able to get under the fiver would be to flip the axles and lower the truck.

Larry

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freetoroam
Back
Top Bottom