Forum Update - We're back! Ask your questions here.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Janet H

Administrator
In the past day we've been working to update the forum to a new software platform and we've been offline. Welcome back!
The new forum software is called Xenforo and there are some new features and functions. There is a new page look and a fun right side column that shows a few of the latest posts.

LOGIN CHANGE:
Your account can be accessed by logging in with your e-mail address or username (that displays on posts) plus the password for your account. If you are having trouble with this and can't get through the password reset process you can click the contact link at the bottom of the page to reach out for help.

If you've set up a new account because you couldn't access your old one let us know. we can consolidate these and get you logged back into your old account.

There are many new features and I encourage you to wander around, test things out and then visit your profile and do some updating.

Update your profile:
  • Consider uploading a new avatar (little pic next to your posts). The new site accommodates larger images and old avatars are looking a little tired.
  • You can upload a new banner image to display at the top of your profile page (if you have made 5 or more posts). Use a wide image for a great result. Tip: You can center the image in the upload window.
  • Add a photo album or two
  • Update your signature
Mobile viewing
The site runs well on small screens. Try it out on the road, use your regular login - no app required.

There are many things still being tweaked and fiddled with and you will continue to see some changes but we wanted to get back online as soon as possible - thanks in advance for your patience.

Post up if you have questions - we're all learning ;)

Last edited:
Let me add my 'welcome back' to Janet's. Also a huge thanks to Janet and to Mike, our Server manager, who have spent countless hours behind the scenes testing various conversions and resolving issues..

I'd just like to add my congratulations to what looks to be a very successful move to a new platform. Having been involved in a number of similar type "conversions" I'm well aware that it's far from a simple matter of flipping a few switches.

Also, such a move can be a bit nerve wracking given the huge investment so many long term members have made with respect their contributions to this point.

Good job-- feel free to take the rest of the day off! :)

Bravo, looks fresh and new. While I may have just a glimmer of understanding the amount and depth of effort involved, kudos and thank yous to those responsible.

Is there still a function similar to the previous platform's "Mark all posts as read?"

Bravo, looks fresh and new. While I may have just a glimmer of understanding the amount and depth of effort involved, kudos and thank yous to those responsible.

Is there still a function similar to the previous platform's "Mark all posts as read?"
Yes. See screenshot you can see a box saying "mark forums read"

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210212-225001_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210212-225001_Chrome.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 10
OK we are back up and running, looks like it will take a bit of trial and error to get familiar with all the new bells and whistles

Thanks for all the hard work, one question though, what is the size limit for avatar photos now?

WOW! Just... wow! Looks different and bright. I do not think it will take long to be comfortable with new systems.

I really like the new layout, very easy to read.

My only problem is I can't get to the site with my Windows XP computer running the Chrome Browser. I get this message:

This site can’t provide a secure connection​

www.rvforum.net uses an unsupported protocol.

I can use FireFox and get on fine, that's what I'm on with now.

Yes - on a forum by forum basis. You can see this option in each forum at the top right above the thread titles.

Initially you may need to update each forum because surfing info about what you have already viewed was lost at the software update. Moving forward however posts will automatically update as read after you have viewed them.

You can also find the "watch" option in this same location. Similar to "subscribe"

mark read.jpg

Thanks for all the hard work, one question though, what is the size limit for avatar photos now?
Avatars display at 100 x 100 pixels but you can upload a larger image and the software will resize it. Large images will be a bit clearer as well. Files are limited to just under 2 MB.

If you have more than 5 posts you should be able to add a nice big Profile banner on your account. It's a nice wide image that can be seen on your profile page but does not display on posts.

profile banner.jpg

I like the new look.

I logged on with nothing needed other than hitting enter.

The layout seems very easy to get used to.

Nice work on the conversion. When the Jeep Commander Forum underwent conversion it was so different that I did not continue to use it.

Good job.

WOW! Just... wow! Looks different and bright. I do not think it will take long to be comfortable with new systems.
It is brighter... if you aren't a fan there's a dark version... you can see the control up in the right corner - hit "dark Mode" You can undo this change if you aren't fan of black ;)

Also note the option to increase/decrease font size and board width in the same location.

dark.jpg

I really like the new layout, very easy to read.

My only problem is I can't get to the site with my Windows XP computer running the Chrome Browser. I get this message:

This site can’t provide a secure connection​

www.rvforum.net uses an unsupported protocol.

I can use FireFox and get on fine, that's what I'm on with now.

It's not that "we're" using the outdated stuff, it's that XP can't support modern SSL protocol (note the little lock icon in your browser address line). Firefox, Chrome, Edge or Safari should all be fine... it might be time to shelve XP (sorry).

I couldn't find the library, is that lost, or will it be available

Ed
Ed, there are several resources and links that need to be added in the coming days. Library is not lost.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awiltzius
Back
Top Bottom