Forum Update - We're back! Ask your questions here.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I may be just missing it, but how can I see replies I've made in private messages (Conversations)? When I click on the Conversation icon to the right of my login name is see all of the messages I've received (inbox), but I can't seem to find the messages I've sent in the same conversations.

Good question Chris...

All I see are received messages as well. However I don't have many conversations and none since the switch so I am wondering if the replies did not get ported over...

It looks like the new system acts more like a thread than a true messaging system.

I may be just missing it, but how can I see replies I've made in private messages (Conversations)? When I click on the Conversation icon to the right of my login name is see all of the messages I've received (inbox), but I can't seem to find the messages I've sent in the same conversations.
When you click on the 'envelope' icon, you see a list of conversations. Click on one of the conversations, and you'll (see) the sent and received messages.

Last edited:
When you click on the 'envelope' icon, you see a list of conversations. Click on one of the conversations, and you'll (see) the sent and received messages.
Actually, I don't see a list of conversations. Rather, I see a list of received messages equivalent to an inbox. Each message received in a conversation is listed separately, with no obvious link or connection between them (other than the subject). [Win10 with Firefox 85.0.2 (64-bit)]

This is what I see..

1614112147379.png

I have to ask though are you referring to messages you had in the OLD forum? I do not believe they have been transferred.

@Tom is that planned?

This is what I see..

View attachment 144231

I have to ask though are you referring to messages you had in the OLD forum? I do not believe they have been transferred.

@Tom is that planned?
Jackie, just for clarification, if you click that Trip Wizard title, do you see the entire conversation?

FWIW I see PMs from the old forum, but not all messages in a conversation, and some messages seem to have been cropped. Haven't spent any time looking at it. Personally, most of the old PMs are of little interest to me, and I should purge them from my account.

Jackie, just for clarification, if you click that Trip Wizard title, do you see the entire conversation?

FWIW I see PMs from the old forum, but not all messages in a conversation, and some messages seem to have been cropped. Haven't spent any time looking at it. Personally, most of the old PMs are of little interest to me, and I should purge them from my account.
Tom it is like the threads, it takes me to the last part I read. I can see my old PMs if I click on the SHOW ALL writing.

Does it also show you the earlier part(s) of the discusssion?
Interestingly it seems to show all the messages sent to me, but not in a thread, but not the ones I sent. I don't see any way to show SENT messages. Maybe they are in the recipients box.

Odd

@Tom I have put a message in our back room testing area for you about this. We can respond here once we know what the result is.

Yes, I was referring to private messages from the old forum--I haven't had any under the new forum. I see all (I think) of the old private messages I received in the past, but none of my replies to those (from the old forum). Sorry I didn't make that clear earlier.

Hi,

I like Jackie's new avatar also. Makes her look ten years younger ;-)

Wondering where the button is to get the pink drink?

Yes, I was referring to private messages from the old forum--I haven't had any under the new forum. I see all (I think) of the old private messages I received in the past, but none of my replies to those (from the old forum). Sorry I didn't make that clear earlier.
We don't have a good handle on PMs from the old forum platform, but my first glance at my own PMs suggests they didn't migrate correctly/completely. Further info when the issue has been looked at by tech support.

Just wanted to say "thank you" to admin and tech team for removing the red section banners - something several of us complained about. It is now so much easier to read and see the important stuff for navigating and taking advantage of the new features.

Linda

Just wanted to say "thank you" to admin and tech team for removing the red section banners - something several of us complained about. It is now so much easier to read and see the important stuff for navigating and taking advantage of the new features.

Linda
Linda, I believe that was done by our 3rd party theme designer, at the request of our forum Manager.

Back
Top Bottom