Forum Update - We're back! Ask your questions here.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks for the new software! The old had constant problems with random font size changes when editing a post. I'm looking forward to becoming more familiar with this product. Never heard of Xenforo before, though Wikipedia says it has been around since 2011.

Thanks for the new software! The old had constant problems with random font size changes when editing a post. I'm looking forward to becoming more familiar with this product. Never heard of Xenforo before, though Wikipedia says it has been around since 2011.
Thanks for the report Frank.

FWIW in 15 years of use (multiple times daily) of the old software, I don't recall seeing a issue with random font size.

Nor did I ever see that, either on Windows or on Linux.
Thanks Larry. Since the software code was fixed (didn't change), the only thing that could have caused what Frank experienced was incorrect/inconsistent rendering by his device/browser combination. I don't recall seeing a bug report on this; (In case I missed it, or my memory was failing me, I just went back and browsed the old Bug Reports board - didn't see it).

new member here: I am logged in but am unable to find/see the "Library" button or link. Can somebody help me find it?
When we recently migrated the forum to new software, the forum library was not migrated. It will be migrated in due course, but I don't have a date.

Anything specific we can help with?

When we recently migrated the forum to new software, the forum library was not migrated. It will be migrated in due course, but I don't have a date.

Anything specific we can help with?
I try to read all of the "read this first" stuff before posting questions, etc. I appreciate the offer to help! I am not seeking a particular item (yet). Rather, was concerned I was missing a super obvious button in front of me or something like that!

I try to read all of the "read this first" stuff before posting questions, etc. I appreciate the offer to help! I am not seeking a particular item (yet). Rather, was concerned I was missing a super obvious button in front of me or something like that!
Understood. Apologies for any confusion.

How do I contact an admin? I guess it is also, what replaced messages between members?

What I would like is to change my username now that we will actually have in our yard, a trailer, next month.

You can contact a staff member about a problem post with the REPORT function, a button shown at the bottom of every displayed message. There is also a CONTACT US button at the bottom of every page.

You can invite other members to a private discussion via the CONVERSATION function. Near the right right corner of your display you should see your user-id and just to the right of that is an envelope icon. Click/touch that to Start a New Conversation or view/reply an existing one.

I don't know if there is any way to change your user-id. Maybe with help from one of the site admins?

How do I contact an admin? I guess it is also, what replaced messages between members?

What I would like is to change my username now that we will actually have in our yard, a trailer, next month.
I'll start a conversation and you can let me know what you need. Click the envelope icon to the right of your user name in the menu bar above. This conversation is private.

BTW you can also contact me by using the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page. But please don't use that for in-forum reports of other folks' posts.

Last edited:
In the past day we've been working to update the forum to a new software platform and we've been offline. Welcome back!
The new forum software is called Xenforo and there are some new features and functions. There is a new page look and a fun right side column that shows a few of the latest posts.

LOGIN CHANGE:
Your account can be accessed by logging in with your e-mail address or username (that displays on posts) plus the password for your account. If you are having trouble with this and can't get through the password reset process you can click the contact link at the bottom of the page to reach out for help.

If you've set up a new account because you couldn't access your old one let us know. we can consolidate these and get you logged back into your old account.

There are many new features and I encourage you to wander around, test things out and then visit your profile and do some updating.

Update your profile:
  • Consider uploading a new avatar (little pic next to your posts). The new site accommodates larger images and old avatars are looking a little tired.
  • You can upload a new banner image to display at the top of your profile page (if you have made 5 or more posts). Use a wide image for a great result. Tip: You can center the image in the upload window.
  • Add a photo album or two
  • Update your signature
Mobile viewing
The site runs well on small screens. Try it out on the road, use your regular login - no app required.

There are many things still being tweaked and fiddled with and you will continue to see some changes but we wanted to get back online as soon as possible - thanks in advance for your patience.

Post up if you have questions - we're all learning ;)
Hi Janet, I'm a new member. Can new members as a question about our Aqua hot system? Thanks in advance

I just noticed a small green icon under my name & when I hover over it, it says online. I can see it on the post above mine. Is this something new to see who is online? I haven't noticed it before.

I just noticed a small green icon under my name & when I hover over it, it says online. I can see it on the post above mine. Is this something new to see who is online? I haven't noticed it before.
Yes, a new/different way of seeing who's online.

Is there a way to delete the alerts once I've read the referred to post? I can see where the list could get long, and I scroll through thinking did I read this one?

Is there a way to delete the alerts once I've read the referred to post? I can see where the list could get long, and I scroll through thinking did I read this one?
Open the Forums drop down and select "Watched threads". From there you can click in the checkbox then the "Manage watched threads" dropdown.
Hopefully this is what you were referring to. :)
watched.jpg

Hi jymbee, thanks for your help. I'm still learning this new site, so I'm not sure if I'm following. When I log in, I see an icon that looks like a bell. When I click on it, I get an alert for post that I've started and have gotten a response to, i.e. this one that I started and then an alert that you responded. Or, to any that I responded to, and that others have new responses to as well. I was wondering if I could delete just the alert, (but not the post), so I would know I've read the alerts, consequently the posts. (I know, DH takes a deep sigh too :))

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freetoroam
Back
Top Bottom