Four Winds 28ft single slide conversion possibility

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

IsleOne

We are new to the bumper pull camper life and have acquired this “diamond in the rough.” However, the one and only raised slide we have consists of this awful couch and wondering if we can convert it a kitchen sink and counter area. We want to knock the current wall out that separates the bedroom and kitchen are for a more open floor plan. Thus, wanting to utilize the slide for something other than a couch considering all the plumbing lines run through it anyways. Has anyone done this and what kind of issues should I think about before doing so?

Thank you in advance…

✌🏼

Attachments

• IMG_3972.jpeg
    IMG_3972.jpeg
    110.1 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_3973.jpeg
    IMG_3973.jpeg
    106.6 KB · Views: 6
For starters, you will need flexible feeds for the hot and cold water and then a flexible drain that can handle the slide movement. A little note about removing that wall: it probably keeps the trailer walls rigid. Trailers are not built like houses and most walls are doing something besides being decorative. There is nothing to prevent you from removing that wall but it may come with lots of consequences.

Thus, wanting to utilize the slide for something other than a couch considering all the plumbing lines run through it anyways.
I'm skeptical that water lines run thru the slide if it doesn't already have a sink. The lines may run under the slide, but won't go in or thru the slide box interior. You will need to add a length of flexible hose to feed fresh & hot water in and a waste line for the gray water to exit. Depending on what you have, that may or may not be a modest undertaking.

I have to disagree with Martian about the interior partitions being more than decorative. In my opinion they do not support the ceiling or add any rigidity to the body shell.

In my experience, very few interior walls of any RV are structural in terms of supporting the roof, but I have seen a few cases where they did provide some rigidity support. Much more common is for the wall to be a part of the structure that supports furniture such as a dinette or a bed support. I would need to know a lot more about the RV to have an opinion related to that.
We are new to the bumper pull camper life and have acquired this “diamond in the rough.”
Tell us more about this gem? That might help us to answer your questions.

Back
Top Bottom