Frayed cable

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kevmullins

Does anyone have a clue who will do cable repair on a pop up? Looking for a shop in Southwestern Virginia / upper East TN / Eastern KY / NW NC.

My electric winch for raising and lowering is acting up and likely needs replacing. Also, have a frayed cable getting ready to break on me. Rockwood Premier 2516. Anyone know the cable layout?

Sounds like the cables that winch the top up. I remember on mine there was the single cable that went to the winch on the tongue and it went to a common tie point underneath where the cables from the four corners connected. That single cable would be a lot easier to change out than the ones that went through the tubing in the four corners. Given the loads involved I'm sure there's nothing special about the cable itself, garden variety wire rope from a box store I'm sure would do the trick. My take on it would be to put the trailer up on stands or ramps and survey what's there, it can't be very complicated.

Mark B.
Albuquerque, NM

I generally don't try to tell people to look offsite for answers since there are so many knowledgeable people here, but this might be one of those times. There's a website forum devoted to popups where there is a wealth of information on fixing and maintaining them called popupportal.com. I'd say you should first figure out who makes your lift system, Goshen is a big player in that market, but there are others too. If it's Goshen, from what I've heard and read it's not that hard to do by yourself, and you can even order the parts right from Goshen and not an rv store.

Back
Top Bottom