Fred & Daisy's Surprise 50th Anniversary Party

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Diana, you don't want to grow up, we haven't ;)  Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional.

Hi All:

Just wanted you all to know that we are still in "overwhelmed" stage, and still haven't gotten our wits together to respond to all this.  We haven't fled into the sunset just yet, but we've be REALLY busy trying to catch up with family and friends here in the short time we have together.  Just too busy or tired to get on the computer, but JUST WAIT until we get back.  The verbose fingers will then begin to fly.....  Right now, just a quick great big THANK YOU, but we'll try to do better justice later.

Daisy & Fred

I just want to say how much Ann and I enjoyed the "Bash in Buxton" for Fred and Daisy. I'm especially thankful to Chet for letting us be a part of it. We are ones that CAN say that Fred and Daisy were indeed the first Forumites we ever met. It was down in the parking lot of the RV show in Harrisburg, Pa. They were closing in on the deal for their Dutch Star. And it was the beginning of a wonderful RV experience with all of you guys on the forum. Truly, something that we will never forget. Hi to all !

George and Ann Foster
[email protected]

The Dolly Llama? ::)  Leave it to Porge! :D

We miss you guys and were thrilled to see your picture in the "framily portrait" from Fred and Daisy's 50th.  Wish we could have been there, too.

Margi and Tom

George, nice to see you're still standing :)  We miss both of you, and are glad you could make the party.  Sorry we couldn't be on that end of the country this month.

Hey George & Anne, Haven't heard from you guys in a long time. Good to hear you still around and "Kicking." 
Like Ned & Lorna we are sorry we couldn't be there but we still hang out in Ca. & AZ.
To Fred & Daisy, so glad it came off as a surprise, I know how hard it is to keep a secret Congratulations.

Jerry & Arlyne Ray

Glad to see you guys here.  Been a long time.  Was also pleased to see you made the suprise party.  Wish we could have been there.

Jerry,

I have no idea how it was kept a secret with so many people knowing. I told those that were still there Sunday that we should work for the government. We can keep secrets better than they can!!

Hi Jim,

When we had Arlynes surprise birthday party for her 65th we had kids and relatives and friends coming from all over the US and somehow we managed to keep the secret from her. That had to be the hardest thing I ever did so I know what it took for you guys to do it. Good Job to all that were involved.

Jerry

The photos have now been added to their own album in our photo gallery - just click the Photos button above. Thanks to Chet Parks for the photos and for permission to post.

I'll hopefully get more added when Jim is able to get to a high speed connection.

Enjoy.

Thanks for the replies Tom & Margi, Ron & Sam, Ned & Lorna and Jerry & Arlyne. It's great to hear from all of you. We miss you guys terribly. I will try to log on to the forum a little more often now that we are in the off season. We're still working at that campground in Ct.  By the way Margi, did you get a msg. I sent to you some time back about a couple of co-workers of yours In Iowa?
By the way, if any of you guys out there ever want to workamp in Connecticut, let me know. I am the guy doing the hiring at Lone Oak Campsites. Check out our website.
Again, we miss you all and have a great winter.

Porge and Ann

PS: Margi, the Dollyllama came from a nickname I picked up a couple of years ago, catching Dolly Varden on the Kenai River in Alaska.

Tom,

I'll be getting the photos uploaded soon. I'll have a high speed connection from now until Friday. We're at Chet's and tomorrow we head to VA where we'll have wireless access.

Thanks Jim. If you want to email them to me, I can get them into the photo album.

Porge:

No, I didn't get that message about a coworker in Iowa.  I just checked my Yahoo "framily" stored messages to be sure.  Who was it?  Chances are we might know them, even though ALand hires 250 RVing couples along with about 300 high school and college kids.  We sure are looking forward to more pictures from the party.

Margi

More photos of this event have been added to our photo gallery, courtesy of Jim Dick - thanks Jim. Click the Photos button above and look for the album with the cake on the cover.

We're......Back..............!

Sorry it's taken so long to respond, but it was a very hectic week trying to catch up, traveling with a 3 hour time change going and 2 hours coming back, and trying to catch our breaths inbetween. 

I must say it was a tremendous surprise and shock to both of us.  We knew there was going to be a get together amongst the kids, but do not know to what extent it turned out to be.  Oh, me or my!  Those of the Framily who dared to venture to Maine at the END of October, we salute you!  You are amongst the bravest of the brave..... <G>  And we were sincerely happy to see all of you make it there.  That was the surprise of all surprises.  How our kids could link up so many of you was beyond our imagination.  They later told me how it all happened, but in the meantime, NONE of you, family, framily and those inbetween gave us the slightest hint.

My kids were so happy to meet you and they now know why we enjoy you all so much and are more comfortable knowing we have so many great friends wherever we go.  There are not enough words to describe how Fred and I feel about all of you, and because there were just too many of you involved in this whole affair, we will just have to give an open heartfelt thank you to all of you!  You are the greatest.  We'll acknowledge the many cards when they arrive, since we had to ship back here.  It may be a few more days.  A great big hug to all!!!  THANK YOU ALL SO VERY MUCH!!!

Back
Top Bottom