Fred, where are you?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ken & Sheila

Site Team
Fred,

Are you lost?

I have not seen any postings of your summer travels.

Hope all is well.

Ken & Sheila

Ken & Sheila said:
Fred,Are you lost? I have not seen any postings of your summer travels. Hope all is well.Ken & Sheila

The last I heard Fred and Daisy were back home in Sierra Vista enjoying the AC of ther home.

Betty

Ken & Sheila;

We are back in SV.  I keep telling myself to write some of the trips we took while in the northeast corner of Utah.  Get lazy or interested in book reading and have not done what my goal is.

Have our trips and routes all marked on an atlas - so it is not a real job - just have to get at it.  What a trip though.  Can't beat the stark splendor of the area - mile after mile of it.  Hope you are still planning on the week at Torrey's Thousand Lakes park.

Fred,

We are definitely planning on Torrey next year. We won't be at Moab - not possible to take two weeks at that time of year.

We are currently planning on a ten day trip at the beginning of September to the Montrose, CO area -- probably staying at Ridgeway SP. Can't get there from the south so it looks like we'll go up through Moab to I70 over to Grand Junction and then down to Ridgeway.

I had planned a week in late August and the a week in Mid Sept (Monaco Rally), but I did not plan my time well enough in advance so everytime moved. I still hope to take a four day weekend mid to late September.

Ken

Ken and Sheila:  We will go to Moab  but maybe just for the weekend of the potluck.  Want to see everyone but have done most of trails many times.  We want to spend more time in Torrey and then see if anyone wants to go on up the road to Goblin State Park.  Lots of "new" trails up there.

Got new tires for the Jeep today. They are Goodyears new armored tire and advertised as "quiet."  Seven hundred dollars for the four.  We are old people and need security.

We are also going to Alamo State Park for a week before QZ.

Fred,

We still have the old 97 Grand Cherokee. At 102,000 driven (plus 80k towed) we have finally fixed a vibration problem the the car has had from day one and nobody could fix. I took it to a drive line shop to see if one of the shafts was out of balance (even though jeep said that wasn't possible). Turns out it was slightly out of balance, but the real problem was that the front drive shaft was too SHORT. only went half way into the yoke splines. I really want to buy a new GC Ltd, but can't bear to buy a car that get only 15 mpg. I'd buy the Saturn, but its not a real 4x4. Heck, procrastination saves me money.

Hope to see you this fall somewhere.

ken

KEN AND SHEILA;  I often think of getting a bigger 4 wheel drive rig so there would be room to install the inverter that now bangs around and gets in the way and to have the laptop in a good useable place for the GPS.  The laptop and Delorme mapping is still the best and I don't want to go with one of those Garman small screen units.  I am a Jeep person as I have been driving one on and off since 1947.  Really can take a beating.  Would like a GC but refuse to hold a mortgage on anything and don't want to dive into security money yet.

I think Daisy and I are going to get a severe case of "hitch itch" before January rolls around.

Sure you can get to Ridgeway from the south....up over Red Mountain Pass from Durango or from Cortez through Telluride and Dallas Divide. Both gorgeous drives if you don't mind some serious climbs.

Wendy

Wendy,

I don't mind the serious climbs, but with my Cummins ISC powered 40 Ft Windsor I do slow down - My concern is the cars that will take chances to pass and may end killing themselves or me.

ken

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeep3501
Back
Top Bottom