Free Beethoven symphony downloads

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rhmahoney

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio3/beethoven/downloads.shtml

BBC radio is offering MP3s of all 9 Beethoven symphonies for a limited time. #1 & #3 are available now. I am listening to sym 3 right now and liking it. Their servers must be getting hammered as I am getting sym 1 at 5.3 KB/s.

I started out at a whopping 10Kb/s and I'm now down to 7. This is on 6Mb/s cable. Guess I'll just let it download in the background.

Wow!  I am on it!

BIG Beethoven fan here. 

OH no, that reminds me I have a huge lp collection ( over 100 recordings) of Beethoven.  I can't take them with me and do not have time to digitize them.  What to do?

At any rate, Russ, thanks for that tip.

Well I get there and I just hang.  Maybe that is because the site is so busy?

Also, how do I stop Microsoft Media from being my default mp3?  I just hate how software takes over your computer and changes default file loading.

smokey:"Well I get there and I just hang.  Maybe that is because the site is so busy?

Also, how do I stop Microsoft Media from being my default mp3? "

Yes, I expect it is due to high load. As to your Microsoft problem, my answer to that is: get a Mac!

Making progress Russ.  I am 66% through the 3rd symphony download.  I chose that first as the Eroica is my favorite.  I found by right clicking I could get around the MSFT media program.  But I sure would like to find a way to return Music Match as my default mp3 program.

Smoky said:
Also, how do I stop Microsoft Media from being my default mp3?  I just hate how software takes over your computer and changes default file loading.

Don't have mp3 so can't check - but How about - START- SET PROGRAM ACCESS AND DEFAULTS - CIUSTOM OR NON_MS

Got 'em all this morning.  Took less than an hour with my download manager getting 3 at a time.  Thanks, Russ.

Got em all here too Russ.? I will be on the watch for the 6th symphony due on the 28th.? The Pastoral is my second fav after the Eroica.? Anyone ever see the original Disney "Fantasia" version of the Pastoral?? Those flying horses are so elegant. :)

Russ, I cannot thank you enough.  This came along at the perfect time for me.

Smokey

Glad you got them. I set the D/L going then went off visiting and didn't worry how slow it went!

If you come west on I 80, I am in the Iowa City IA area for the next 5 weeks.

Colony Village RV park
I 80 exit 240 (hywy 965)>>N 2 miles
turn west on forevergreen rd about 1/2 mile

Russ

Thanks for the lead. I d/led the 1st 5 available and have calendared the last 4. The d/l varied between 12kb/s and 2kb/s. Slowest speed was midday here, can't determine whether it was my cable operator slowing down or peak d/l time in London  :)

Like you I just had it running in background and/or while we were out shopping.

Have been auditioning the d/ls and like them. Will be burning a c/d for them.

rhmahoney said:

BBC radio is offering MP3s of all 9 Beethoven symphonies for a limited time. #1 & #3 are available now. I am listening to sym 3 right now and liking it. Their servers must be getting hammered as I am getting sym 1 at 5.3 KB/s.

Wow. Thanks for the info, Russ.  :D  :D

Regards,
Liz

Thank, Russ.

You've reached many with some of the greatest music in the world. I'm finishing up the 5th right now. . .[said the Episcopal priest  ;D]

Russ:

Don't have the final route mapped out yet, but if it involves I80 again for sure I will visit.  It was my own stupidity for missing you in 2003.  I was 80 miles past your exit when I finally realized I had missed my turn.

This time, time is not an issue.  We have no firm schedules to meet.  Fuel cost is an issue however, so it all depends on what routing we end up with.  There is a chance our route will be too far north.  In 2003 we wanted to enter via Wyo, Utah, Idaho in order to reach Lava Hot Springs.  This time we will be headed right for Lewistown Montana to get our internet dish installed by Ron.  I have not yet worked out the part of the route that goes from the Newmar factory in Indiana (a must stop for The Admiral) to Lewistown.

Beethoven's 6th Symphony (Pastoral) is now available to download at the BBC site:

Russ,

Thanks for the reminder.  Still need 7-9 but those will be forthcoming.

Got 7 today.  I'll get the rest next week.  Going to be very busy from Thursday through Sunday.

I will try to get the rest while on the road this week using Verizon.  #9 will be a real doozie because of its length and take forever.  Hope they are still there when I get back to Comcast.

Back
Top Bottom