Free Covid-19 test kits

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
^^ Very true. Anything the government offers was taken from us (taxpayers) in the first place. And I’ve heard concerns about the accuracy of false positives & negatives on home covid test kits, so something to keep in mind. We got a few of the “free” kits for our household this month too (Use By date of 7/7/22), although we’ve all already had covid & recovered… so I’m not really sure when we’d test at home & not also want a doctor-verified test if we really thought we were reinfected. 🤷‍♂️

Weird time in our society… hopefully it’s all over soon.

I guess some people can’t be happy with anything.

We live in a country where we have an option to try to keep our loved ones safe by testing for covid at home.

I guess some of you would rather we be more like India where the dead covid corpses are dumped in rivers, dredged, and then burned in piles, in the open air.

Only about half of the federal budget comes from personal income taxes...

I suppose I was referring to all taxes and levies collected… which is where all government funds come from, right? (Except when they just print more money or dive further into debt I suppose.) They’ve proven over and over again they can’t operate on a budget or make smart investments.

The test kits both of our daughters received are "BinaxNow" kits made in the US by Abbott. Our tests haven't caught up to us from our mail forwarder yet, so I don't know which ones they are.

My tests are the BinaxNOW brand distributed by Abbot Labs. The only future date I can find on the box is 01/15/2023 and it doesn't actually say "use by". Or anything about a shelf life. I'm not worried...

We received our "free" tests today - 2 boxes with 2 tests in each box. Date on the boxes is January 31, 2023. They will likely get thrown out before I get to use them.

BTW, they are far from "free".

My tests are the BinaxNOW brand distributed by Abbot Labs. The only future date I can find on the box is 01/15/2023 and it doesn't actually say "use by". Or anything about a shelf life. I'm not worried...
I’ve got the same brand I purchased last October before coming to Fl. Mine has a white sticker on it and on the sticker there is a hour glass symbol and it’s almost half full. Next to it there’s a date of 2022-03-28. I assume that’s when it expires.

I was at a Walgreens in Palatka, FL Tuesday picking up a prescription for my wife and asked about home test kits. The clerk reached under the counter and put two BinaxNOW kits (2 tests each) in the bag. She said if I wanted more they were in the aisle behind me but were not free.

Last edited:
The home test kits are handy if you find out you are exposed and want a fast answer so you do not expose anyone else You can follow up by getting a PCR test, but those usually take 2-3 days to get a result. I used two tests when I found out my two granddaughters had COVID, and I had been with one of them just two days earlier. I took one test immediately and another three days later to be sure.

I also tested myself two and five days after spending four days at Disney World. It made me feel better to know I was negative because I have a medical condition that causes a weakened immune system and with that and my age, I do not want to get sick.

Ours arrived yesterday. They're Made in China. Don't care as long as the FDA says they work as described!

I ordered ours Jan. 18 and got a confirmation number. Since then, nothing. Even tried reordering them and got a message that they had already been ordered for my address. Federal government at its finest.

Back
Top Bottom