Freezer working, but fridge not very cold

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cpuwhiz22

Hey crew,

I recently replaced the heating element on my Dometic fridge since it stopped working (propane was fine, but electric was tripping the GFCI and would not work.  All was well the trip I made after this.

However, I am heading out tonight and hooked the camper up last night to get the fridge cooling.  After a few hours, the freezer was very cold, but the fridge did not seem cold at all.  I noticed that the camper was not level side to side, so I leveled it.  After sitting overnight, I went in there this morning to see if it was any better.  It doesn't seem very cold in my opinion, but I will be checking with a thermometer in a little bit.  I did feel the fins in the back and they were cold, and I felt the metal racks and such and they felt cold, but overall it seemed pretty warm.  The thermocouple was as high up as I could get it, but I took it off and adjusted it again just in case.

I wanted to check and see if anyone knows what could be causing this?  I don't know if having it running without being level would have caused permanent damage.  I also don't know if the freezer working is an indication of whether the cooling unit is OK or not.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Put a glass of water in the fridge with a thermometer in the glass and let it sit for a couple of hours. Then check it.
what is the model and how old is it?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
traxster
Back
Top Bottom