Fresh water tank leaking

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

The Great White

OK folks I need some help I found nothing on the web that was helpful. I recently purchased a lightly used 2021 Artic Fox 811M cab over camper. When I purchased it, I didn’t notice any leaks. I emptied the fresh water tank mixed in a ¼ cup of bleach to sanitize the tank. The following day I noticed a slow drip under the unit. I was able to get my hand down under the tank and the bottom insulation was very wet. I emptied the entire tank and let it sit for a few days. I connect the city water and had no issues. I called the prior owner who of course had no issues. So I figured maybe I over filled the tank. Yesterday I added 20 gallons of water (holds 50) I had the drip again this morning. I have emptied the tank again to prevent any further damage to the overall unit. My thought is that the connection at the fresh water tank to the water pump is loose? But I don’t know how to access the connection? Do I pull the entire under carriage? There is a 1 foot section in the front of the under carriage the runs the entire width (right to left side) which appears to be directly under a portion of the fresh water tank. Do I just pull this section down? I just don’t know how this thing is put together thus my hesitancy to start pulling things apart. The other concern I have is the wet insulation, any thoughts on that? I would greatly appreciate any suggestions.

Jim

I had a similar issue with my 2020 AF when it was new. When the fresh tank was full there was water leaking out from the under carriage. Took it back to the dealer and they pulled the panel off and dropped the tank and said it was leaking from the overflow hose connection. They tightened it up and replaced the wet insulation and all seems good so far

Thanks for the input. The rig no longer has a warranty so I was hoping to do the repairs myself. So if I understand what happened to your rig they pulled the bottom under carriage to access the tank correct?

Is there a chance this froze last winter? I have no other advise other than, in addition to your post here, you might look to find an 'Arctic Fox' Forum, with many more directly related campers.. Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom