Fresh water tank question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

On The Go

Just purchased a new Thor ACE RV. Got it home & filled fresh water tank. Once full I noticed some water on the inside floor, traced leak to the PVC line which leads to the fresh water drain valve, can’t reach leak which is above storage bay outside and the bay was filling up with water.
Drained all water out of tank. Called dealer but might not get it in before a trip we have scheduled and too late for a refund.......Soooo my question is if I leave the fresh water tank empty and I hook up to the RV parks water supply will it refill my fresh water tank or will the city water supply bypass the tank and still let me have fresh water. PS: yes I am pi_ _ed off with dealer who says they are filled up till end of month for service apt’s. Have call into manager. 😤

Attachments

• 3F69539B-33C0-47CE-A371-B1342F0E5D62.jpeg
    3F69539B-33C0-47CE-A371-B1342F0E5D62.jpeg
    104.3 KB · Views: 16
  • 923313DD-2B46-4D9E-B7D4-37BC936D287A.jpeg
    923313DD-2B46-4D9E-B7D4-37BC936D287A.jpeg
    129.1 KB · Views: 16
I don't know your particular rig, but many rigs have, in the water bay, a valve which switches the fresh water hose from filling the tank to feeding the faucets. With such a setup you control which it feeds. Others have a hose connection that feeds the faucet and a different port (no valve) that lets you run water in to the tank through a filler port (no actual connection). Others still have combinations of such. And if there happens to be a connection labeled San-T-Flush, or some such, it's not for fresh water at all, rather it's for flushing the black tank.

So look in your water bay, or post pictures of your water hookup(s) so we can help identify what you have.

You can hook up to city water . There is a check valve at the pump stopping city water from going into the tank. Do you have a valve when positioned correctly will fill the fresh water tank for you while hooked up to city water? If you do, just keep that valve positioned for normal use.

If you have the rv at home, hook it up, set it up and make sure you are all set for your maiden trip. I assume you do not have a full power hook up so you won't be sure all your power essentials are in good order until you get a hook up for that. You can use an adapter for home use that would give you a minimum amount of current maybe enough to run major components one at a time. Definately set it up and use it at home so that anymore surprises are acknowledged.

If that line is the fresh water drain and the only function is to empty the fresh tank, not a LOW point drain. then yes you should be able to hook to city water.

Easy way to find out. Make sure the quick-fill or easy fill valve is set to USE city water not fill the tankj.
Leave the tank drain OPEN and see what happenes when you put water to the lines. . I would leave the drain open till time to leave for dealer. then close it

You may need a pressure regulator (cheap) to run dead headed city water. Read your manuals. Too many non-specific answers because we don't know your system.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
automedicmobile
Back
Top Bottom