fresh water tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BigDan1

I own a Triple E 22 feet class C RV ,
we are boondocking most of the time ( totally autonomous)
recently had to get the fresh water tank out because a fitting was leaking

the fill up inlet fitting is on the side ,I would like to move it on top of the reservoir because I loose at least 2 inches of water fill
the tank is located under the dinette seat ( easy reach )

Any links on : fittings, elbows, apropriate glue or how to install those ?

any help appreciated
thanks
Dan ,

Attachments

• P1010867.JPG
    P1010867.JPG
    59.3 KB · Views: 6
  • P1010868.JPG
    P1010868.JPG
    51.3 KB · Views: 6
Do you have any fresh water lines close by that you could tap into? If you do, remove that gray fitting and with proper adapters connect your water line right to the tank then just fill it until water comes out of the vent.

If you look on the left pic, the vent is already on top ( normal ) the bottom brass fitting is the outlet to the pump , and the bigger gray fitting is the water fill inlet , none else on the tank

If the fill hose is higher than the tank, then it will fill and overflow the tank. The issue is when you disconnect the fill hose, it will drain back down to that level. Attaching a flex hose to the fitting to raise the top of the hose above the top of the tank, then fill at that point and your problem should be solved for under $5.

Option #2 Carry gallon milk jugs full of water in addition to fresh water tank. Use these for coffee, drinking water, cooking, etc. or just use to refill the fresh water tank. After all, the primary objective is the ability to carry more water.

If you really want to extend your boondocking time with a plumbing project build the kit that recycles your grey water to flush your toilet, that way you never use fresh water to flush. Basically you tap into your grey tank an inch or so off the bottom (to avoid sediment) and then filter and pump the grey water to the toilet.

tried a 90 bend fitting
does the job ,,,,,I was able to fill completely the tank

Now : either I rise the fill hole on the RV or I try a 90 bend rubber hose to join both ....but sure will be slow to fill

Attachments

• P1010869.JPG
    P1010869.JPG
    79.9 KB · Views: 3
  • P1010870.JPG
    P1010870.JPG
    53 KB · Views: 3
If you really want to extend your boondocking time with a plumbing project build the kit that recycles your grey water to flush your toilet, that way you never use fresh water to flush. Basically you tap into your grey tank an inch or so off the bottom (to avoid sediment) and then filter and pump the grey water to the toilet.

After observing dog owners get the dog s poo, and from our offgrid camping times , we opt for a doggy bag solution that we install in the toilet bowl for the big job ,,,,,,, And we keep the dish water to flush the toilet ,but thanks for the advice

If the fill hose is higher than the tank, then it will fill and overflow the tank. The issue is when you disconnect the fill hose, it will drain back down to that level. Attaching a flex hose to the fitting to raise the top of the hose above the top of the tank, then fill at that point and your problem should be solved for under $5.

Option #2 Carry gallon milk jugs full of water in addition to fresh water tank. Use these for coffee, drinking water, cooking, etc. or just use to refill the fresh water tank. After all, the primary objective is the ability to carry more water.

grashley :
yes the filling hole is a bit higher but by about an inch only ......

we already use two 6 gal us jerrycans just for this .....
we normaly last the permitted 14 days in BLM without any issues .....but the added 6 gallons that we would gain would be well accepted lollll

I was just about to ask how much it gains. Have you considered a second tank or maybe one of the bladder tanks that I have seen people put on the roof of their tow vehicles?

I m tryng to gain from what I already have , That 2 inches free space wont win on me :)

What if you just put an elbow on the inlet so the fill hose was above the ceiling of the tank, then it would fill until the vent hose was reached. This can be done easier than drilling a new hole in the fresh water tank.

What if you just put an elbow on the inlet so the fill hose was above the ceiling of the tank, then it would fill until the vent hose was reached. This can be done easier than drilling a new hole in the fresh water tank.
I just emptied the tank , tomorow Ill slip it in place and see the possibilties

I filled it with the elbow fitting and I could fill it completely , 6 us gallons more , worth the effort

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlSpackler
Back
Top Bottom