Friend recommended this WD hitch...thoughts?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
SarniaTricia said:
I'm not 100% sure on the brand I have.... I use the WDH and a friction sway bar
This photo is of the WDH attached to my old rig....

I too have been using the same "Friction type sway-control is ancient technolog (model T era)."  Funny how I lived these past 20 years using such a dangerous device. 

Dreamsend said:
A hitch that you can't back up your trailer with???  No way. 

Lou Schneider said:
Perhaps E-trailer is erring on the side of caution because this hitch includes an integral friction anti-sway bar.  Like any other "third arm" anti-sway bar, letting too sharp of an angle develop between the truck and the trailer can overextend or compress the bar, damaging it.  Most friction sway bars include a warning to remove or disable the bar before performing sharp maneuvers while backing up.

Agreed Lou. I have one of those "ancient" WDH styles a friction anti-sway devices that works fine for my purposes. I just get out and loosen the anti-sway before backing into a site. It has a lever for that purpose and takes about 5 seconds to spin it loose a few turns. Then I can reverse just fine, without worries of anything being overstressed or breaking. That said, if I was going to buy something new I probably would purchase the updated design that has been discussed. Mine came with my TV and TT and I've had no compelling reason to replace it.

The one I had on our first trailer took about 5 seconds also. A couple of big spring pins, and it popped right off. Just stored it on the tongue.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlSpackler
Back
Top Bottom