From the top: new or used?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My cousin once told me he'd never buy a car new, it isn't worth it. Then again he's a mechanic.
I really really want a 2013 Cyclone, but as you can imagine I don't want to be stuck with a bad decision for several years.
So in the case of fifth wheel toy haulers at least, is it better to go new or used for your first one?

Financially, it makes good sense to buy depreciating assets used. Major depreciation occurs in early years, and, hopefully any bugs left from manufacturing will be worked out by the original owner. Of course, there are people like DW and I who decided we will buy only new. That is an emotional decision, not a logical one.

Edit: Reduced white space.

I swore up and down I'd never buy a new one....let someone else take that massive depreciation hit.  Until I stumbled upon a floor plan I just couldn't live without.  Yes, it followed me home this spring.  I couldn't be happier with it.  Yes, I've had a glitch (furnace issue) but that just comes with the territory. 

Your choice.  If you find one you love and plan on keeping it a decade or more, I'd say new.  If you tire of them and want a different one every 5 years, I'd say used. 

Ours is a used Jayco Jayflight camper trailer, 2007. The guy really dolled it up with many extras. (solar, lights, backer underneath with extra insulation, small fireplace..ect) I think we got a real bargain, but ask me again when we actually take it on a trip next weekend!  :p

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
David W.
Back
Top Bottom