Front End Alignment

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mygreyhound

We've had our 2005 38' Itasca Suncruiser (Workhorse W24 chassis) for 6 years now and put 51 K miles & smiles on it. Even though my wife suggested checking it, (maybe because my wife suggested checking it?)  ;) and others on here said it would make a difference, I was ok with a little "wondering" on the highway... kinda kept me involved and attentive. But lately it was getting a little more aggrevating and since I just put on 6 new Michelin's, I thought now may be the time to take it in for a compter alignment.

Wow! Apparently it had just a small amount of toe out on the one side, but what a difference it made! Now it goes straight and steady with a motionless wheel-amazing! If you have a "Wondering Winnie" don't wait like I did. Find a good computer alignment facility and have it checked & corrected if need be.  Gene

You need to go to a truck alignment shop - your basic car alignment or tire shop can't do an adequate job. Probably won't even fit on their equipment.

It's been awhile, but last price I heard for an alignment on a gas chassis coach was around $100, but it can vary a lot by region and metro vs rural area.

Hi all-
Sorry, I didn't get back on until now. I live near Butler, PA (in western PA) and the name of the place was Bauman's Comput-A-Line, on Rt 356 in Cabot (east of Butler). I don't know if there is a franchise elsewhere or not, although I did see another listed in NJ. I left the MH there all day but I probably could have stayed in it. The cost was $117.00 but worth every penny-it drives absolutely straight as an arrow with no wondering!

Gary's comment applies here because they do a lot of large trucks as well as cars.

GR

For those of you in the eastern US, Service Tire Centers is a large truck tire company with many locations around the area. They also do front end and drive axle alignment. You can find out more about them here.

http://www.sttc.com/services/vehicle-service/alignment

I can highly recommend them. I have purchased three complete sets of tires from them over the years and one alignment. They specialized in the large over the road truck and bus tires and service.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeep3501
Back
Top Bottom