Front end blemishes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jphilsousa

In my browsing of motorhomes for sale, I have seen several that have had this condition on the front.  Can anyone shed light on what it is, if it's fixable, and if so, how it can be repaired?

Attachments

• ts front end.jpg
    ts front end.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 72
Are you talking only about some discoloration, or the location and shape of it as well.  I've not seen that particular color or pattern myself.

If the coach has a clear vinyl film (aka paint protection film) on the front, mold sometimes forms between the film and the body after several years. The fix is to remove the clear film. The film gets dinged with stones and moisture gets in, allowing mold to grow.  However, I don't see evidence of the film installed in that photo, but it isn't very visible to begin with.

Just as Gary said. I have a friend which had that coating put on when the MH was new. A few years later a small area started showing just what you have. The next year, the entire front of the rig was covered with it. The only thing to do is have it removed. He found a guy to do it and it cost him $800.00.

Are you talking only about some discoloration, or the location and shape of it as well.

Thanks for the replies.

I have seen photos occasionally of other coaches that had the same discoloration but not in a neat pattern as this one.  Good to know that it can be removed, albeit at a fairly hefty price.  Have seen some nice coaches priced very reasonably with this condition and if it can be fixed, might be a good buy if the rest of the coach is in good shape.

Would this be indicative of a coach living in the humid south more so than anywhere else?

South or north, humidity is a major factor. More arid climates, e.g. just east of the Rockies, generally don't suffer this problem unless the RV gets to the Pacific NW coast often.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freetoroam
Back
Top Bottom