Front receiver hitch

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cowboyNAccountant

Evening all,
We have a 2011 Winnebago VIA 25T diesel. Short statement WE LOVE IT! Longer statement is we want to flat tow a vehicle so I am looking for a front mount hitch to install for carrying our electric bikes. Etrailers do not list a specific hitch that will fit our vehicle.... the "Starship Myrtle". they show a 2017 hitch but no 2011 hitches. Does anyone have any suggestions? or can point us to a previous post. Thanks in advance

The Cowboy

Custom hitch most likely. I would call around your area to see who installs hitches for the local RV dealers and contact them to see what you can do.

Another possibility would be to install the bike rack in the rear above the standard hitch. There are some factory made hitch modifications for that application. This method would eliminate the engine cooling concerns when front loading.

Back when we were flat towing, sometimes we took three bikes. Two regular and one electric.
We hauled the electric on a bike rack in the double receiver hitch behind the coach and the two regular bikes on a receiver on the toad.
I made my double receiver by simply welding another receiver
tube on top of the existing one. Bare receiver tubes are readily available. I buy mine at Harbor Freight.

One option is a dual receiver adapter (They make them) carry the Bikes on the rare along with the towed car. Option 3 A receiver on the towed car for the bikes. However this increases length.

I used the dual hitch method myself.

Welcome to the forum!

Is your chassis Mercedes or Dodge? When we started our RV life we flat towed a Jeep Liberty with a bike rack on the rear of the Jeep. There are bike racks that sit between the rear of the RV and the front of the tow.

Look at GenY hitches on Amazon. Up to 10000 pound tow weight and 700-1000 tongue weight for many at a good price. They allow multiple tubes to be used at one time and they are well under $200 for the Rebel series.

Back
Top Bottom