[Sold] FS: 2005 Itasca Horizon, 40AD floorplan, 400HP Cummins & extensively upgraded

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

John Canfield

Site Team
This is almost like selling our first born son. We ordered this Horizon in Feb 2005 and took delivery in May 2005. She's taken my wife and I from Florida to Alaska and California to Maine. I've been dragging my feet for two years about selling but it's now time. Dear wife and I have had a few health issues in the last three or four years to deal with. In fact I'm getting a total knee replacement on Nov 30, not looking forward to physical therapy.

When the Horizon was literally brand new I began a series of upgrades and improvements that only ended about five years ago. Even though this Horizon was the queen of the Winnebago fleet in 2005 there was much room for enhancements to make it more enjoyable.

One immediate upgrade was replacing the Dimension inverter/charger with a pure sine wave Xantrax, then when that failed a pure sine wave Magnum with auto gen start. Another early improvement was getting rid of the horrible captain chairs and replaced with very nice Flexsteel chairs (they are really comfy!)

The Horizon interior is almost solid cherry wood with only a few non-cherry panels here and there. I added 280 watts of Zamp solar panels and controller. I replaced the Nocold (sic) 1200 gas fridge with a residential model several years ago. Please see my Horizon projects page link in my signature for a more complete overview of these upgrades.

One MAJOR improvement is our new (several years ago) 100 gallon diesel fuel tank that solved a slow fuel fill issue that was due to a defective fuel tank design - the fuel fill pipe was placed over the tank vent fitting. Winnebago provided new fuel filler assemblies - now we can fuel at a truck pump at FULL SPEED. We're done fueling in 5-8 minutes compared to 20 minutes with the original tank. Too bad Freightliner and/or Winnebago didn't issue a fix for this bad design to all owners (note - this issue is only with certain model years of the Vectra/Horizon.)

Anything that wasn't working has either been repaired or replaced. Just a couple of weeks ago I completely redid the roof to sidewall sealant and resealed all roof fittings (a full three day project.)

So here's some pictures, look our pride and joy over and PM me if you might be interested.

Attachments

• OutsideDriverAntennas.jpg
    OutsideDriverAntennas.jpg
    167 KB · Views: 61
  • HorizonLeftRear.jpg
    HorizonLeftRear.jpg
    172.7 KB · Views: 59
  • HorizonCockpit.jpg
    HorizonCockpit.jpg
    123 KB · Views: 59
  • HorizonFlexsteel.jpg
    HorizonFlexsteel.jpg