fuel hose???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ash

hey guys , does anyone know where i can buy 2" fuel hose for my 77 dodge class c . it needs to be a flex type to go from filler neck to fuel tank? i live in los angeles calif.....  ???

Have you tried any of the auto parts pr truck parts stores? They'll sometimes sell that stuff by the foot.

You want what is known as fuel filler hose. Most auto parts stores should be able to get it for you and some will have it in stock. Maybe not the local Discount Auto outlet, but surely a NAPA auto parts store would have it.  Marine and farm supply places also usually carry it. It comes in several diameters (bores), so make sure you know the size you need when you inquire.

Some factory fuel filler hoses come pre-formed to make relatively sharp bends. Look at your old one and make sure it's not one of those, 'cause regular flexible fuel hose may kink instead of bending when trying to make those turns.

I tried the parts stores all they have is a rubber hose , if i try to bend it alittle it starts to kink. my hose is too pieces , and it has to make too 45deg. bends .....

I had to replace the same on our RV afew years back.  Ours even had a metal stiffening spring inside of it.  I ended up getting a section of a rubber exhaust rubber hose from a marine parts store.  The hose is used for fuel and exhaust applications and comes in many large sizes.  It is sold by the foot.  It has been in place for several years and continues to work well.  You will want to use a good sealer (RTV silicone style) to use with it, as the rubber is too stiff to be properly sealed with just a clamp.

Robert Flight
Rochester, NY

thanks i will check in the marina tomorrow for the hose.....

There are online sources as well - just Google "fuel filler hose" or "fuel delivery hose".  You need a softwall hose to bend it in one piece or straight hose coupled to 45 elbows to make a multi-piece hose.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awiltzius
Back
Top Bottom