fuel mileage

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dan Harvey

what is the realistic fuel mileage a person can expect with a new Duramax both pulling as well as running without the 5th wheel. My 2005 was giving 12 mpg very regularly

that's a very ambiguous question - what are you pulling? flats or hills or mountains? what speed? how many french fries are there in a medium fries? should i get the large fries? 

Plus it's difficult to get a truthful answer sometimes. Kinda like "how big a fish did you catch"...?..

Yep, lots of variables here, but with my rig (fully loaded) on the drive from AZ to GA, I got 12-13 MPG. Adjusting for weather conditions of course, I hold it to around 65 avg. I'm retired and living in the slow lane now. W/o 5er on the last trip to VA from GA and back, no joke, I got around 17 and upwards to 21 MPG! And it ain't no fish tale here either. Although, I didn't do very  good on my last fishing trip, but that's another story.

I have a 2011 and when towing at 63 MPH, I get 12/13 MPG. Once in FL and on level ground, not towing, I get 21/22 MPG.

Rene T said:
I have a 2011 and when towing at 63 MPH, I get 12/13 MPG. Once in FL and on level ground, not towing, I get 21/22 MPG.

Our 2016 GMC Sierra 4x4 Denali Diesel is pretty much spot on with Rene's mileage. We tend to average around 63 mph when towing since our trailer tires are rated to 65 mph.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kstoybox
Back
Top Bottom