Fuel prices and your summer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not as much as the wildfires that have closed most of my favorite spots. Last month was our "big" trip, in the grand scheme fuel prices vs last year added several hundred dollars. That amounted to about 10% of our total trip expenses, so couldn't use that to justify not going.

Mark B.
Albuquerque, NM

My new rv came with a 1 year subscription to Thousand Trials so my campsites are free. That should compensate for fuel. Hopefully, logic will prevail for next season and the government will allow domestic oil production to ease the pain

My new rv came with a 1 year subscription to Thousand Trials so my campsites are free. That should compensate for fuel. Hopefully, logic will prevail for next season and the government will allow domestic oil production to ease the pain
LOL Sorry that you are so poorly informed. The current government is doing nothing to stop oil companies from increasing domestic oil production!
In the chart below notice how drilling for new oil has increased at a steady but slow pace since drilling for new oil all but stopped between November of 2018 and August of 2020. If what you say was true, we would see a sharp drop of in drilling for new oil when the government stopped or slowed down drilling for new oil, but dont feel bad or alone, as millions of Americans believe the same false information you do.

Look at the 5 year chart.

1 year subscription to Thousand Trials so my campsites are free.
Now that is an update I want to see all year.

Tell us about those FREE campgrounds you visit and stay.

That information will be PRICELESS!

For us it meant traveling to nearby towns on our recent 9 day trip, ie a 400 mile loop in the coach, and about 275 miles of side trips on the toad which gets 40mpg.
Compared to the more typical 800-900 miles for such trips in the past. We used it as a chance to explore some of those nearby towns and cities where we have only stopped for gas etc in the past.

ps we bought a new to us house this spring and are busy remodeling it before moving in which is taking away from our travel time this summer

It is amazing how many things to see and admire are so CLOSE to us.

I'll use this year to become clever with my surroundings here in the EAST.

BUT, I wish I was going TO UTAH.

I have seen Wal-Mart fuel stations (Murphy) in at least three locations in Georgia with diesel at $4.99 gal, so the price is dropping somewhat from its high near $5.49 or more.

Charles

We have traveled for many years to visit friends & family in other states, this year we will be staying close to home. There are time we question why we have left our beautiful home in the San Francisco Bay Area.

We have reservations at nine NY State parks into October, with stops at our Adirondack and Vermont private sites in between. Most of the locations are about two hour drives. My thinking is that a $1/gallon fuel price increase adds about $120 to a 1,000 mile trip at 8 miles/gallon, and my budget can handle that or even double that. After that we'll spend some time with family before heading south where we have reservations at GA and FL state and national parks into April.

Wife is planing on us leaving from Coleman Tx, make our way to Door County WI, for a week or so, then head for Mt Rushmore, then meander back to Coleman Tx., she is figuring on starting out Sept. 1st +/- a few days, returning home Oct. 10th +/-. 1995 Bounder 35UWB, Ford F53 w/460. price of gasoline by then? Ouch.

How is the price of fuel going to afffect your summer travel?
Not at all. My peak RV season is the start of winter, but if I do go somewhere this summer, I just figure the gas will be about twice the cost of what I am used to. I won't go broke over it.

-Don- Reno, NV

There are time we question why we have left our beautiful home in the San Francisco Bay Area.
I lived most of my life in San Mateo County, including the city of San Mateo, just on the other side of the bridge from you when you lived in Hayward. But where did you move to?

I am glad to be out of the SF Bay area. But less extreme weather there. Auburn can get hotter than Sacramento in mid summer. Sometimes here also, even though I am at 5,000 feet elevation here.

-Don- Reno, NV

LOL Sorry that you are so poorly informed. The current government is doing nothing to stop oil companies from increasing domestic oil production!
In the chart below notice how drilling for new oil has increased at a steady but slow pace since drilling for new oil all but stopped between November of 2018 and August of 2020. If what you say was true, we would see a sharp drop of in drilling for new oil when the government stopped or slowed down drilling for new oil, but dont feel bad or alone, as millions of Americans believe the same false information you do.

Look at the 5 year chart.

last week during his Asia tour President Biden, when asked about fuel prices said, it is a transition to a stronger world.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dmac3003
Back
Top Bottom