Full Moon Pic

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Larry N.

I took this shot the other night during the full moon. It was actually captured as a still from an mpeg2 (1920x1080) movie I shot in a Sony camcorder at 30X zoom. Of course it's reduced a lot here to be able to show in the forum. It's interesting, when you have a tripod mounted camera, to watch the moon actually move in the viewfinder. Of course it's a very gradual movement, but it soon becomes obvious, and you soon can actually see it if you watch carefully. Neat stuff.

Attachments

• Full Moon Sm.JPG
    Full Moon Sm.JPG
    25.9 KB · Views: 52
HueyPilotVN said:
I tried to focus on it with my phone.  Could not do but it sure lit up the entire area.
I can't do that with a phone either, Bill. My camcorder has 20X zoom (30X with electronic assistance) and full manual controls -- makes a difference.

Thanks, Jackie.

Larry N. said:
I took this shot the other night during the full moon. It was actually captured as a still from an mpeg2 (1920x1080) movie I shot in a Sony camcorder at 30X zoom. Of course it's reduced a lot here to be able to show in the forum. It's interesting, when you have a tripod mounted camera, to watch the moon actually move in the viewfinder. Of course it's a very gradual movement, but it soon becomes obvious, and you soon can actually see it if you watch carefully. Neat stuff.

When I got the my last moon shots, it was during the eclipse.  I set my 35mm on the tripod, and I could see the moon move as it got brighter, and I had to adjust the position on my tripod.  It was almost straight up by the time the moon disappeared.  Pretty cool.

I did the same, Ed, during the eclipse of the sun. Had to adjust the camera every little bit. I used welding goggles to suppress the sunlight. Neat stuff.

Hello,

Here is one that I took while RV'n and staying at an observatory in August. I have the equipment to take some nice shots so you can't compare equipment that is meant for this type of photography with video cams and lower focal ratio equipment. So my contribution for the forum members here.

Attachments

• MoonAug72019.jpg
    MoonAug72019.jpg
    157.9 KB · Views: 26
DW took this after our sunset cruise in Bar Harbor on Friday

Attachments

• Full moon.jpg
    Full moon.jpg
    144.9 KB · Views: 11
Hi,

Don't want to hijack the topic but I use a Canon 6D full frame camera. Picture was taken through a Pentax refractor telescope at prime focus. 1200 mm focal length. I have a T adapter that fits on the Canon camera and goes into where the eyepiece usually goes, so there is no lens other than the 4 inch lens (102 mm) on the telescope. Best!

camperAL said:
Hi,

Don't want to hijack the topic but I use a Canon 6D full frame camera. Picture was taken through a Pentax refractor telescope at prime focus. 1200 mm focal length. I have a T adapter that fits on the Canon camera and goes into where the eyepiece usually goes, so there is no lens other than the 4 inch lens (102 mm) on the telescope. Best!

The 6D might be a good camera. I remember my buddy's Cannon powershot camera that has powerful zoom.

Back
Top Bottom