Full Timing and Traveling with a Stocked Liquer Cabnet, after all it's our Home

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If you cannot get along with a couple hours of generator a day, at mid day when it should not be a bother, you are not boon docking, you have merely moved your condo out into the woods.

We had people move in with a rented MH right next to us on the beach in Alaska, and proceeded  to run the generator all day to play video games. We packed up and moved 1/4 mile down the beach to escape them.

They asked why we were moving, so we told them! Nicely, of course, since they did not seem to have a clue!

TheNewhalls said:
Unfortunately I am not lucky enough to be able to boondock without running my Genny. So far no one has complained. I don't park 20 yards from the next camper, but I'm not camping 200 yards away if there isn't space. Especially if I'm boondocking in the boondocks. You must be one of those lucky people that never has to run their generator.  Batteries never run down. Have enough solar to run a/c, microwave etc.
Why are you out in the boondocks spending $20-$35 a day on fuel to run your air conditioner, trying to conserve water and conserving so as not to fill your holding tanks, while sitting inside your RV.  You could be in an RV park with all the elect, water and sewer you could want for almost the same price.  Not to mention the wear and tear on the generator.  Also not to mention disturbing your neighbors.

Just because no one complains, doesn't mean you are NOT bothering your neighbors.  The gist of your posts seem to indicate you haven't thought about disturbing your neighbors until I brought up the topic.  Many or most people boondock to enjoy the peace and quite of the outdoors, and really prefer to NOT hear a generator.

And, yes I do have enough solar and batteries to not need to run my generator unless I have to run the air conditioner.  However IF I have to run the AC then I am not in a place I really want boondock. Sitting in the RV with the AC on is not what we like to do.  We will either go to an RV park or move to a place which is cooler. 

AStravelers said:
Why are you out in the boondocks spending $20-$35 a day on fuel to run your air conditioner, trying to conserve water and conserving so as not to fill your holding tanks, while sitting inside your RV.  You could be in an RV park with all the elect, water and sewer you could want for almost the same price.  Not to mention the wear and tear on the generator.  Also not to mention disturbing your neighbors.

Just because no one complains, doesn't mean you are NOT bothering your neighbors.  The gist of your posts seem to indicate you haven't thought about disturbing your neighbors until I brought up the topic.  Many or most people boondock to enjoy the peace and quite of the outdoors, and really prefer to NOT hear a generator.

And, yes I do have enough solar and batteries to not need to run my generator unless I have to run the air conditioner.  However IF I have to run the AC then I am not in a place I really want boondock. Sitting in the RV with the AC on is not what we like to do.  We will either go to an RV park or move to a place which is cooler.

What I'm doing when I boondock or how I boondock is none of your business. In order for me to spend up to $35 a day on fuel I would have to be running my generator 12 or more hours a day, and I don't. I don't boondock enough to warrant loading up on solar and batteries, but that doesn't mean I can't enjoy camping off road occasionally. People boondock for many reasons, not just for the peace and quiet.
There is always someone trying to tell the rest of us how to live our lives.

THAT brings up one of the best points of an RV, it has wheels and if the neighborhood goes downhill you can move!

OLDRACER said:
THAT brings up one of the best points of an RV, it has wheels and if the neighborhood goes downhill you can move!

We won't be chasing the 100 degree weather as we like it in the 70's to 80's and Love the fresh air. However if it gets too Hot those AC units will be a singing their song.

The OldRacer has the Best quote of the Boon docking noise debate. 

We all have wheels and those with brains know how to use them.

Back
Top Bottom